Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT/VX autmatically locking after 60seconds.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Hi,
I am just wondering I have heard of other people in their VT/VX series that if they unlock their cars without opening their doors, 60 seconds later the car locks itself.
Mine doesn't do this. Is it only the Berlina, Calias models that have this feature?
Could I take the car to get it hooked up to the Tech2 and have this feature enabled?
Thanks,

Maxih

All around nice guy
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SV8
Be interested to see the answers from those in the know on this one. Haven't heard of Commodores doin this, although i know Falcons do....

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Maxih said:
Be interested to see the answers from those in the know on this one. Haven't heard of Commodores doin this, although i know Falcons do....

Yeah Smartlock locks the door after 40 sec when the door hasn't bee opened.
But the VX dosn't do it. I dont like the locking system on it it seems to s#it itself when you do something different to it.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
In the new Astra's that happens.. mate left his keys in his car when he went into a servo along the great ocean road. hahah

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I know a person who has a 1999 Oylimpic Edition and his Commodore automatically locks after a minute.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
2Fast2FuriousDude said:
I know a person who has a 1999 Oylimpic Edition and his Commodore automatically locks after a minute.

Mine does it, it was an optional extra from holden though when i got the SS

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Our VX-II Lumina has done it twice...once a week back, but we assumed we had locked it. Just today after washing it out in the yard, I moved it so that my son could drive his Corolla into the yard, and I closed the car up and left it unlocked (keys out). When we went to move it later, it was locked. We were all sitting out in the yard about five meters away from it at a table under a tree enjoying the shade, and there was no need to lock it.

I will probably experiment tomorrow, and leave the windows up and close the doors with the keys out and watch the bugger for about five minutes and see what happens! :p

enviousent

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt
mine doesnt do it but i wish it would sometimes, just th security of knowing that ur car will automatically lock

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Mine has never locked by itself, it only relocks if i open it and dont go out to the car

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
cant say ive ever heard of any commo doing that at any luxury level. Plenty of aftermarket alarms fitted that will do that though :) I want one thatll wind up my windows for me too cos im lazy