Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT-VX Hidden Trip Computer

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The cluster will show the KM's stored in it's memory from the original vehicle.

I believe Tazzi (Envious customs - site sponsor) can update the clusters.

Ryan Wheeler

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 vx s2 station wagon
Thankyou i just changed the lcd part that shows km not the whole actual cluster and it worked fine showing my correct km

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I have tried the police mode and some of the readouts are useful. I have an opportunity to get some of the LCD digital display set ON, if possible.

Has anyone had this modified to stay on? What does the mechanic need to know about saving the options, so they stay switched on during normal mode.

I am getting a mechanic to put his tech2 on my VT.
1. I don't have the radio code and am interested if it can be read with the tech2.
2. I have an intermittent error code, but it doesn't appear until 10 mins of driving so it won't prevent the car from passing a safety inspection, so I haven't been willing to spend money to fix it. (I did that several years ago and it was wasted money)
3. I would like to have some extra functions turned on in the LCD digital dash. (Some of the useful Police mode readouts, but not all)

The old error, I wonder what it is?
I have an intermittent 'check engine' dash light that comes on after 10 mins of driving. Spent money having the knock sensor and Crank Angle Sensors replaced. Problem came back. The Holden Dealer was stumped as to the cause and why it still occurs. They offered to charge me even more money than I had just paid them to diagnose it. Seemed like I was looking into an endless money pit. They reluctantly refunded a bit of money for diagnostic time, but I couldn't get the money back on the parts or labour because it was already work done and parts supplied. Since I had to pay for new parts replacing non faulty parts, I asked if I could have the old parts. Well one of the two used parts had gone missing from the bin, but they gave me the other one and pointed to the door.

Last edited:

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Can't be that easy. Pn6563

AND IT WASN'T THE RADIO CODE.

t takes the mind of a child to work somethings out. the article wondered what PN stands for. my 11 year old sister figured it out, it is PIN as in the 4 digit PIN for the standard stere

Last edited:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Can't be that easy. Pn6563
dont believe everything is this post, that is the last 4 digits of the cluster part number
radio pin is stored in bcm and can be read with tech 2
they are not police mode, they are engineering test mode
the only thing that can be permanently enabled is digital speedo again with tech 2
most mechanics will not have tech 2, only holden
as for check engine light, what is the code

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I just tried it and failed.

I will be at a mechanic who has tech2.
So you know that digital speedo can be enabled.... OK will do that.
I would really like some of the other sensors displayed, like temperature so hoping that one can be enabled.

I don't know what the engine check light error code is, but 7 years ago the Holden Dealer decided it must indicate a problem with knock sensor and CAS. They were changed but didn't make any difference to the car.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
To add to the standard digital display, with the others from the engineering (police) mode.
Some displays will have to be deleted from the standard display, to make room for the ones you want to put on.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Engineering mode is start the car with mode and ^ button pressed. Police mode is one check box in the menus. I only see the digital speedo di sd played permanently when I restart the car.
read this article too and it's lame. P OFF does not mean police mode. P OFF means your parking lights are off. Go to that section yourself and see what happens when you turn your parking lights on and off. Police mode can be enabled with the Tech2 and all it does is change

I asked a mechanic to try and retrieve the lost radio/cd code.
There wasn't anything listed in the BCM for radio/CD

So I asked him to see if it is possible to enable something useful like digital temp readout.

Unfortunately the tech2 cannot enable any useful digital readout permanently.

Police mode ?? he enabled temp warning, Police mode and that was all there is.

When I start car, the digital speedo is displayed. I can cycle through the standard displays that I am pretty sure were there before.

No temperature readout unless I start the car with Mode and ^ pressed.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
To add to the standard digital display, with the others from the engineering (police) mode.
Some displays will have to be deleted from the standard display, to make room for the ones you want to put on.
Hi
I believe, when police mode is enabled, you get the digital speed readout, but you lose over speed settings & control (you are no longer able to change the speed setting.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
radio pin is in bcm security section
police mode will enable digital speedo
and that is all there is