Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT-VX Hidden Trip Computer

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
Hey guys, just wondering if it's possible to move around what information is in what window. For example i have police mode enabled on my dash, so i have the digital speedo, but it's on the left window, is there any way i can move it to the middle window? or will i need a tech 2? or is it not possible at all.

cheers, Jarrod

VRSen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s
I read this article too and it's lame. P OFF does not mean police mode. P OFF means your parking lights are off. Go to that section yourself and see what happens when you turn your parking lights on and off. Police mode can be enabled with the Tech2 and all it does is change the speed alert function to a digital speedo.

Ciao ...

This quote tells y how to have the digital and analogue speedo it has to be in police mode otherwise you can keep it there.

I suppose its not hard to just press the buttons everytime you start the car you would end up getting into a habit and wouldnt be a problem lol

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
It will vary depending on the engine temp and if the aircon is on. When cold mine is about 1.9 - 2.1 but drops to about 1.4 - 1.6 when at normal operating temp.

my vt ss ls1 sits around 4 l/h is that right?

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
*** ANOTHER MENU WHICH IS HIDDEN IS A "TRIP B" MENU - ( HOLD IN MODE ANYTIME YOU HAVE YOUR CAR'S IGNITION ON UNTIL YOU HEAR A 'BEEP' IT SHOULD APPEAR DEPENDING ON WHAT MENU YOU WERE PREVIOUSLY ON. IF IT DOESNT COME UP, HOLD MODE AGAIN UNTIL YOU HEAR THE NEXT 'BEEP'.)
THIS GIVES YOU A 2ND TRIP COUNTER ASWELL AS YOUR "TRIP A" COUNTER USED FOR EVERYDAY DIVING *****

I use 'Trip A' counter for everyday driving and per fuel tank etc
I use 'Trip B' counter for between services, the moment I leave the workshop I reset it.

Good Thread,
I couldnt wait to try it ! lol
Ill look into it with more detail tomorrow to see if i have any stored "T errors"

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
oh no, just realised i have demoted myself to Thread digger, and the fuel usage dropped down dramatically well high 2's once it had started to warm up abit

a9x2doorhatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN
hi guys long time no log-on... i'm not sure if this has been noticed, but today i pressed the left button instead of the right one and a whole other bunch of stuff showed up on my display like amps and how many litres left in tank and a whole bunch of letters and numbers that can be changed by pressing up and down. have a crack tell me what you see.

i have known about the right button and mode options for a long time( I think since i first brought this car and found this forum)

DARRINC

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
hi,all there have been a few guesses as to what the pn function is on the cluster the pn function is actually telling you the last digits of your cluster part number and the t function is the year of manufacture of the cluster hope this fills some blanks.

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
GRRR still want to know what t00NU means...also i've got a 9C1 and i cant get the dials and all the lights to come on, all the display on the dash comes up for the final check but none of the lights....yet they work when i turn the car on...