Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT-VX Hidden Trip Computer

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
its so cool, heh ive got 28L

Brownie-S

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S-Pac
Another hidden screen

I've got a mate that works at the local holden dealer here and he showed me anouther cool feature.
Just like the this trick insted of holding up hold "mode" and "down" but don't let go untill the screen changes.

super_6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Executive S2
i tried this but now ive lost my odemeter display while driving and the trip screen wont reset! the odometer only comes up whe the car is off. i assume disconnected the battery might reset it hopefully. also tried this on a mates 98 vts and he only had like half the things come up, cant remember exactly which ones didnt come up, whats the go there?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
i tried this but now ive lost my odemeter display while driving and the trip screen wont reset! the odometer only comes up whe the car is off. i assume disconnected the battery might reset it hopefully. also tried this on a mates 98 vts and he only had like half the things come up, cant remember exactly which ones didnt come up, whats the go there?

there are options to let you choose what is displayed, you have turned off the odo.

ROb

Jarrad

Sherminator
Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver Ex Cop VX Wagon
also holding down and the mode button down while starting the car and keeping it held for a few seconds also brings up another display

Hey Doc Bob,

Do you know what the meaning of the options are in this hidden menu?

I know there is a digital speedo and tacho as in the Mode Up menu, but
there is also heaps of other stuff.

Thanks,

Jarrad.

gibbo1402

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 limited edition
Ive got a 97 VT SS and the hidden features dont seem to be quiet the same. if i hold up and mode i get the batt voltage, litres in tank, litres per hour,dig speedo and then the weird coded ones, and when my test screen comes up all the lights illuminate but my tacho and speedo dont move.... and then if i do down and mode i get my digital tacho, and some other weird stuff. also it isnt hidden but it is written in the owners manual, if you hold up and down you can do some weird things like distance and time to destination, also you can configure your display, wether you want odo, and overspeed etc.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Apparently the display reverts back to standard when the engine is turned off, and re-started.

JoshsVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec S2
Apparently the display reverts back to standard when the engine is turned off, and re-started.

That is because this is just a diagnostic test. It's mainly there for mechanics servicing the car. This has all been covered in this thread.. a few times over! :D

buggzy

Reaction score
So has anyone figured out how to get a boost reading on the supercharged models??? Because it would save me getting a boost guage.