Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT VX power windoew conversion wiring

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Lazza

You will need to access the BCM to see what level is fitted to your car.

The BCM is a gray (might be black on VT - I don't know) box located above the accelerator pedal. Its held in by two clips on top and a plastic scrivet which is best removed with a sharp chisel because it's at a difficult angle to remove properly.

Drop the BCM but don't disconnect any wiring. On it will be a label with the part numbers and other info, and a word indicating the level of BCM it is.

LO - Won't be on your car - it's basically for utes
MID - Probably what you'll have
LUX - Maybe
HI - Nup - Calais only.

If it's Mid or Lux, it will accommodate power windows.

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
Hey Calaber, thanx for the reply mate.... i been lookin thru my gregorys manual and it says the LO level bcm doesnt have any of the stuff i have already fitted... and the MID/LUX bcm shows everything my car has now... i find it strange for an exec to have the footwell lights found in berlinas/calais'.. the only thing i cant find in my car is the wiring for the roof lights above the back doors....

Larry

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
you wont find the wiring for the roof lights in the back mate, i have a vx s pac and i had to make up a wiring harness myself and hooked them up to the interior light for power!

I would recommend find a wrecked commodore with them factory installed and buy the hole roof lining wiring harness.

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt spac supercharged 6,vp bt1 5.0,vyss lshulk
hI GUYS HERE A PIC OF THE WHAT BCM DO WHAT BUT I HAVE READ THE BCM ONLU CONTROLS THE DRIVERS DOOR WHEN IT GOES DOWN AUTOMATICALLY SO IF YOU BYPASS THAT YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO BYPASS THAT WIRE AND YOU WONT HAVE THE AUTOMATIC DOWN FEATURE NO BIG DEAL, I WAS GOING TO DO THE CONVERSION THIS HOLIDAYS BUT THE CAR HAS DONE NOTHING BUT STUFF UP ON ME HEATER CORE WENT ,NOW THE RADIATOR HAS GONE AND **** ITSELF NEVER ENDING WITH THESE CARS I TELL YOU I HAVE HAD THE CAR 4 MONTHS AND SHE DRIVING ME NUTS. i AM GOING TO DO THE WINDOW CONVERSION NOW WHEN I DO HEATER CORE AND SWITCH IT OVER TO CLIMATE CONTROL WITH A CLIMATE CONTROL BOX BUT I AM ALSO GOING TO DO IT TO MY LITTLE BROS VT WITH A STANDARD VT HEATER WELL SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT LOOK OUT ILL DO A WRITE UP WHEN ITS DONE HERES THE PIC

bcm codes.jpg