Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] [VT/VX/VY/VZ/VE] Everything to know about OBD2 (ELM327) Diagnostic Cables

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
yeah I've had faulty ABS modules (a couple in my other car) sends the thing bananas, I think this is different which is why I want a cable thingy.

I only have the engine light, hoping something simple like oil pressure sensor - does anyone know if you can get an oil pressure readout through the MODE+UP menu's (3 window)? If it's working there maybe something else.

Put in an order just now.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Nah the diagnostic mode on the cluster doesn't display oil pressure.

If the car thought you had low oil pressure then the oil light would come on the dash anyway, the oil pressure light comes on when the oil sender thinks the oil pressure is under 10 or 12 on a LS1 at least, not sure if its the same on a V6.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Nah the diagnostic mode on the cluster doesn't display oil pressure.

If the car thought you had low oil pressure then the oil light would come on the dash anyway, the oil pressure light comes on when the oil sender thinks the oil pressure is under 10 or 12 on a LS1 at least, not sure if its the same on a V6.

Well, youd think that would happen with the sensors!. Have had two different clients just last week with issues in their LS1's due to oil pressure sensor failure.

First one caused the car to go into limp mode and stall. And second just caused the engine warning lamp to display. I guess it depends if the pressure sensor reading results in reading very low if the unit fails. I believe the two warnings the others got were "Oil pressure sensor out of range" and "Oil pressure sensor high".

This is just a guesstimate though! :beer chug:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
good to know, I guess I'll wait and see how it goes when I get the software/cable in the mail :)

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
lol if you paid for express then it will be there monday lol, some reason australia post doesnt #### around with Tazzi's express packages.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
lol if you paid for express then it will be there monday lol, some reason australia post doesnt #### around with Tazzi's express packages.

I spoke to the Aussie post guy today and found out why.

Theres now THREE sending speeds...
1) regular postage
2) priority regular postage
3) express postage

The difference between regular and express in speed is unbelievable!. Express is normally 1-3business days, and regular is anywhere form 5-10business days. Most express orders get there next day or following day if in the main cities. Same day normally for the WA locals!.

Actually thinking of removing regular postage. For $2 more everyone can have express. :beer chug:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Mint so mine should be here by monday then

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
TazzI the smart **** said it would be the oil pressure sender!! - LOL that's what it was, either way super happy with the cable and software, thoroughly recommended so far, the install isn't too much of a brain strain (I am in IT so my opinion here isn't really valid) but it works well and the software looks fantastic.

Good to see someone doing a professional job for us Holden nuts.

I cleared the fault code, going to drive it to work tomorrow and see if the code comes back and if it does order the part (I should work for Holden isn't that how they do things??? LOLOL!).