Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt window wont go down, not the switches, not the regulator, what is it???????

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 holden belina sedan 5L V8
Hi there, i am ripping my hair out on this one, i have just bought a 99 vt ss,
pass rear window wont go down or up via the main switch in the console at all, but it wants to go up with the switch on the door when you press up (but is already up fully) as you can hear it, the switch on the door is tested and ok, ive cleaned all the contacts on the main switches,
i also uses a multi meter to test current on the plug that goes into the motor, push up it reads 12 volts so algood there, but when you press down nothing? no voltage so could this be my bcm?
really need help as the windows are suppost to be tinted next week!!!

many thanks

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
had the same problem with the same door on my Vt calais, turned out to be the wiring loom in the door.

bozz73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wagon S2 V6
Hi,
In my case the motor somehow wasn't working.
Made the crimp that holds the wining mechanism on the motor a bit tighter and it seems to work fine.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
had same problem on my calais, how i fixed it was take door skin on, get your hand inside door till you can find the steel cable coming off the window motor, gave it a move pulls, seems as though on my car it jams for some reason, but each time it stuffs up i just pull on that steel cable and then it works again perfectly, i spent weeks pulling my hair out also, because there was power at motor, and you could hear it was trying to work, give it a go mate, let us know how you go

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 holden belina sedan 5L V8
well, spent alot of my weekend pulling apart the door trim, took the loom out and a wire had broken in the flexi part between the pillar and the door, all the other wires seemed fine but this had completely snapped, anyway repaired it and now window works sweet az, now all the windows work! for now.... lol cheers guys

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
well, spent alot of my weekend pulling apart the door trim, took the loom out and a wire had broken in the flexi part between the pillar and the door, all the other wires seemed fine but this had completely snapped, anyway repaired it and now window works sweet az, now all the windows work! for now.... lol cheers guys

oh lol should have mentioned that loom, my wires broke in there too once, wasnt window though, central locking on door was working on and off