Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt's commodore tyres

evil_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
try Maxxis tyres. I paid about 150 each and they grip really well in wet and dry. The only downside is that they are pretty soft.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
DeanoVX-
i paid $239 per tyre fitted, balanced and with Nitrogen instead of air.....that was for 235/45/R17 so 16s should be cheaper[/QUOTE]

Wat r ur views on the nitrogen appart from the obvious and them supposivly saving u 25% less wear on ur tyres?? had ne probs in winter or wen its wet??? personally i think its a load of **** i had it in some decent yokos but in the wet they seem 2 b loosin alot of traction where as these tyres r meant 2 b pretty good in wet???

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
doug05 said:
What 205/65/15 tyres would anyone suggest for my vt acclaim? Im looking at replacing all 4 shortly, and wouldn't mind something decent...

I would recommend you get some Pirelli P6000.

Jax's tyres currently have them on sale at $109 per tyre for 205/65/15.

Thats $436 for some decent Pirelli's compare to those crappy Bridgestone Re 92's which will cost you apprrox.$400;)

doug05

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro & VF2 SSV Redline
WAGON MAN said:
I would recommend you get some Pirelli P6000.

Jax's tyres currently have them on sale at $109 per tyre for 205/65/15.

Thats $436 for some decent Pirelli's compare to those crappy Bridgestone Re 92's which will cost you apprrox.$400;)

Thanks mate. I definetely wouldn't go RE92s! I was tossing up between those pirellis, or perhaps Bridgestone ER592's...

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
doug05 said:
Thanks mate. I definetely wouldn't go RE92s! I was tossing up between those pirellis, or perhaps Bridgestone ER592's...

I have the Pirelli's on my wagon and are very happy with them.

There on sale till the end of August at Jaxs tyres:thumbsup:

VTW@G0n

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT WAGON 3.8L N/A
Gday
i have a 99 VT wagon with standard wheels the 15's with CORSA 205/65/R15 on at the moment. They have done probly 30,000ks and are probly just 1/4 worn.....
I drive very sensibly and rotate them every 5 thou.
The CORSA 65 are a cheapo copy of bridgestone i think. When i bought the wagon the dealer put them on.
The grip on these tyres is really good, pouring rain all day today and i drove from kempsey to port mac and back at 105k/hr and not one sign of slipage - great grip for copies.
At the moment i am looking at getting a set of 18's, so if anyone is interested in some great tyres for cheap let me know as i want to sell them cause i wont need them.
I live on the mid north coast. make a reasonable offer for these 4 wheels and they r yours.

WAGON MAN - do you live in the cul-de-sac at fredo? your wagon looks very familiar.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i wouldnt touch nething bridgestone makes such as firestone or corsa they r cheap n nasty tyre that cant go the distance wen needed they r ok just poorly made

B

bato

dunlop

I got 17" dunlops and so far i have found them to be one of the top tyres. very comfortable and heaps of grip but give off tons of smoke if you want them to

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
wrx884 said:
DeanoVX-
Wat r ur views on the nitrogen appart from the obvious and them supposivly saving u 25% less wear on ur tyres?? had ne probs in winter or wen its wet??? personally i think its a load of **** i had it in some decent yokos but in the wet they seem 2 b loosin alot of traction where as these tyres r meant 2 b pretty good in wet???
i find them alot better that air...
i never check the pressures, find the ride smoother and dont notice the difference in wet like you have...
i have put 30,000km on the tyres and there are heaps left...at least another 20,000km..
i even put them in my jetski trailer tyres and it tows much better.

i cant fault them...have got new hsv booked in to put it in the bridgestones too.