Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vtss gen3 on vapour injection lpg

radiohead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exc/vtss
Hi all
Has anyone had their gen 3 converted to the new vapour injection system.I'm thinking of getting it done.I do mainly country kilometres.Just wondering if anyone has had problems.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
My brother in law has been doing quite a few installs on Gen III's. Reckons he's getting pretty good results. Tried talking me into it at well. No thanks! Gas is for BBQ's! ;)

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Hi all
Has anyone had their gen 3 converted to the new vapour injection system.I'm thinking of getting it done.I do mainly country kilometres.Just wondering if anyone has had problems.

LPG is for cabs and work vehicles (and for sissy's) also you have to buy lots of gas to be able to justify $5K (or $8K for liquid inj.) for its installation ..

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
LPG is for cabs and work vehicles (and for sissy's) also you have to buy lots of gas to be able to justify $5K (or $8K for liquid inj.) for its installation ..

:bang: people say this all the time. theres nothing wrong with gas. ive herd of cars making more power on the vapor system. theres nothing wrong with saving a bit of cash. if ur gonna keep the car for a while do it if not then its not worth it. saying that i dont think id do it to my ss but thats just me.

radiohead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exc/vtss
Thanks for the replies.I think its around 4 thousand.I might wait a bit longer.:w00t::w00t:

poweredbycng

Reaction score
The price of an SVI installation won't come down any time soon. $4000 is cheap - that's $2000 after federal rebate. The quicker you convert, the quicker you'll save. You'll recuperate the $2000 in 18 months or so if you're a 20,000km per year driver.

I also don't understand why gas has such a poor reputation with "rev-heads" - it is a high octane fuel (read: less sensitive to knock - force induction, anyone?), costs considerably less per litre compared to petrol, makes similar power (before forced induction) to petrol, and is environmentally friendly. Owning a performance car with an injected gas system is nothing to be ashamed of!

Regards,
Dave

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
My idea of silly is thinking you must run petrol instead of gas for a street car that never sees a race track or drag strip cause your worried about losing a minute bit of power even though you can halve your fuel bill. My conversion cost me 400 bucks after government paid me my 2 grand and i save about 50 bucks a week. My car is used to get me to work and for general duties and never put on a track but some guys think I'm silly for putting it on gas. If I want a fast car I'll go the whole hog and build me a real car with a big motor and run it on something even more potent than petrol but for a everyday driver gas suits me fine.

Just my opinion, sorry if you don't agree.

radiohead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exc/vtss
I think you can have the best of both worlds.I'm pretty sure most of the vapour injection systems are dual fuel.Cheers all