Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vu l67 swap

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ecotec
Hey, Ive got a 02 vu with an ecotec that is getting tired, if I get a 02 vx donor with a l67 would it be an easy conversion using all the donor parts? ie complete running gear and electrics?
I would like it to be a basic plug and play (hopefully)

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
I'm not in the know with a vu and I'm still learning more with my L67 (first one i have owned) but I can tell you the wiring loom needs swoping, extractors as there is a extra pipe on the ecotec ones (can't remember what its called but it recirculates exhaust to the engine) L67's don't have it, ecu will need to be swopped so a hand shake between ecu and bcm would need to be done as well.
As far as i know that would be the basics that would need to be addressed but there are a lot smarter people on this sight that could give more insight i think

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
Should just be able to swap the L67 memcal into the original Ecotec ECU.

Well my L67 was a factory one but in other posts i have read with L67's they say the ecu had to be swopped and that was changing from ecotec to L67 in the same model so I'm sort of quoting there, but also the fuel pump and there is a fuel pump module in the boot to the right which controls the fuel pump speed which would have to be addressed to

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Should just be able to swap the L67 memcal into the original Ecotec ECU.

VU's and VX's are flash tuned they don't use the memcals like on the VT's and older. so swapping all computers and key fob over is one way to do it with out needing any programing.

to the OP u'll need to change the fuel pumps over too the L67 uses a higher psi pump u don't need to worry about the fuel pump module guys seem to do away with this anyways so the pumps always running at full psi with no issues heard of since doing it.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
VU's and VX's are flash tuned they don't use the memcals like on the VT's and older. so swapping all computers and key fob over is one way to do it with out needing any programing.

to the OP u'll need to change the fuel pumps over too the L67 uses a higher psi pump u don't need to worry about the fuel pump module guys seem to do away with this anyways so the pumps always running at full psi with no issues heard of since doing it.

L67 variants still use the VT style (memcal) PCM however. as far as i know, the body harness plugs are different meaning L67 engine harness will not directly plug up to a VU.
Theres a tuner in sydney that can flash a L67 tune onto the orignal PCM, that may be an easier option rather than swapping BCM, key, body harness etc. over