Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Berlina showing Executive VIN

SquidOfOhms

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Series II 25th Anniversary
Glad we could help. Thanks for replying with details of the outcome (if only other new members did the same).
No worries. Wish it was with better news, still confused why he lied about it being a Berlina. Had Equipe badge and all

SquidOfOhms

Reaction score
Members Ride
Questions are good.
A lot of knowledge on this forum.
Good luck in finding a good one.
A good one will have a full service history with it.
Thankyou! The search continues, unfortunately they’re all super overpriced here at the moment.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
A service history can still end in a guy trying to sell it hiding a fault.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What’s to say it wasn’t an exec and someone swapped a smashed or stuffed Berlina into it.

You still have a Berlina.

SquidOfOhms

Reaction score
Members Ride
What’s to say it wasn’t an exec and someone swapped a smashed or stuffed Berlina into it.

You still have a Berlina.
Well the fact the seller also lied about kms then got aggressive when we discovered head gasket issue sure didn’t give him any credibility. He claimed it was a Berlina with 0 evidence to that effect, why would i assume it had been swapped when not even he suggested that?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Because I can have an exec. Then spend a weekend swapping over all the wiring and harness, airbags, seats BCMs etc and on Monday drive a Berlina. That’s not hard to do.

Reactions: Lex

SquidOfOhms

Reaction score
Members Ride
Because I can have an exec. Then spend a weekend swapping over all the wiring and harness, airbags, seats BCMs etc and on Monday drive a Berlina. That’s not hard to do.
…Or it could just be an Equipe, which matches the VIN, has the correct badge, and has the same features as a Berlina. If the seller never once mentions anything being changed over, why on earth would I assume that?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If the seller never once mentions anything being changed over, why on earth would I assume that?
That’s like saying “If the seller never once mentioned it had mechanical faults, why on earth would I assume that” :oops:

Really, you’d never assume anything. You’d check everything yourself and verify vehicle identity, model type, options, crash repairs, mods and mechanical condition. And if you’re happy with it, you’d buy it.

Why would you need to check everything yourself? Because sellers are like teenagers and you know what Judge Judy says about teenagers.

How do you know when a teenager is lying? their mouths are moving :p:p:p

SquidOfOhms

Reaction score
Members Ride
That’s like saying “If the seller never once mentioned it had mechanical faults, why on earth would I assume that” :oops:

Really, you’d never assume anything. You’d check everything yourself and verify vehicle identity, model type, options, crash repairs, mods and mechanical condition. And if you’re happy with it, you’d buy it.

Why would you need to check everything yourself? Because sellers are like teenagers and you know what Judge Judy says about teenagers.

How do you know when a teenager is lying? their mouths are moving :p:p:p
Yes, I’m saying I did check things, and it was not a Berlina, it was an Equipe. Which he didn’t deny once we were there