Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Calais S2 - Loose exterior plastic on B pillar where SRS logo is located. Help?

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
I am just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? It's loose at the top where I'm assuming a clip has broken. I can bend it back about a centimetre before it looks like I'm going to break anything. Is this going to cause leaks when it rains or I wash my car? I actually only noticed it when I went to wash it just now and it's kind of due for one after a 500KM trip. :/

Cheers.

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
Hi there.

I had this EXACT same problem with my VT. If you go on ebay, you can usually get thole pillar set (Plastic cover, screws and mounting brackets with door seals) for around $40-$50.

I can confirm mine does not leak, it just looks plain ugly.

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Cheers mate. I went ahead and washed it anyways but I made sure to hold my finger up tight whenever any water came near it. lol So was it just a broken clip on yours? If there's no way to fix it other than to get a new pillar set I'll go that route but I was hoping there'd be some easy fix like blu-tac or something. :p

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Cheers mate. I went ahead and washed it anyways but I made sure to hold my finger up tight whenever any water came near it. lol So was it just a broken clip on yours? If there's no way to fix it other than to get a new pillar set I'll go that route but I was hoping there'd be some easy fix like blu-tac or something. :p

Blu-tac????????

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
It's pretty cheap. :D

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1

Broken clip and the metal rails that hold the clips into place were beaten into place. The previous owner clearly lost patience with it and used force to smack the pillar into place.

New metal rails and the pillar have solved the problem :)

P4tek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SII
vx Door Pillar Moulding

cheers mate. I went ahead and washed it anyways but i made sure to hold my finger up tight whenever any water came near it. Lol so was it just a broken clip on yours? If there's no way to fix it other than to get a new pillar set i'll go that route but i was hoping there'd be some easy fix like blu-tac or something. :p

this is cosmetic only... And water will not get inside the vehicle...
That is why there is rubber door seals on the car..
Idiot