Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Calais v6

jvt38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais
hi all
I was looking for a new daily since my current vt calais is a project and is not finished. I came across a vx calais v6 in reasonable condition for $3000 with 201000kms and was wondering if this is a good deal or should i continue looking.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Well how much work is there to go on your VT? It might be worth finishing it first (if there isn't much left) as it will be cheaper than to buy another car...

Otherwise, that VX does seem like a good deal and has pretty low kilometres for it's age (if it's genuine)... Do you have any pictures or the advert for the listing? That would help us to see if it's in good condition or not...

Service history would be good but it probably doesn't exist, since it's pretty cheap...

jvt38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais
Well how much work is there to go on your VT? It might be worth finishing it first (if there isn't much left) as it will be cheaper than to buy another car...

Otherwise, that VX does seem like a good deal and has pretty low kilometres for it's age (if it's genuine)... Do you have any pictures or the advert for the listing? That would help us to see if it's in good condition or not...

Service history would be good but it probably doesn't exist, since it's pretty cheap...
Yeah nah not much left on the vt but was just thinking the vt could be made into a nice cruiser car and the vx could just be a runabout. Since the vx has a towbar it would be handy towing my dirtbike to the track or the beach since my vt calais has no tbar.

Reactions: Lex

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Yeah nah not much left on the vt but was just thinking the vt could be made into a nice cruiser car and the vx could just be a runabout. Since the vx has a towbar it would be handy towing my dirtbike to the track or the beach since my vt calais has no tbar.
Sure, if the VT is in good condition, then keep it as a cruiser...

Any pics of the VX? Because of the towbar, this may have towed things regularly which puts stress on things like the transmission...

jvt38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais
Sure, if the VT is in good condition, then keep it as a cruiser...

Any pics of the VX? Because of the towbar, this may have towed things regularly which puts stress on things like the transmission...
1685779170170.png
1685779248802.png
1685779253531.png

some scrateches outside, radio loooks a bit loose and few buttons missing from the steering wheel but overall not too bad in my opinion

Attachments

• 1685779185842.png
    1685779185842.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 1685779203502.png
    1685779203502.png
    1 MB · Views: 65

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
One final thing, don't be rushed into buying it... If the seller doesn't let you test drive it, get it inspected and/or warms up the engine before hand, they're trying to hide something and I'd walk away...

jvt38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais
The car looks good and reasonably well cared for from these photos... Make sure everything is where it should be in the engine (no dodgy wires, no oil leaks, etc) and there are no uneven panel gaps... Also check fluids, and make sure they're topped up, check that everything works in the interior and make sure that it drives normally as well...
yeah will do for sure thanks for your help mate