Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx Commodore Auto spewing oil out from the Filler tube

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
The early 4l60e gearbox's had a shallow pan and heat issue cause oil to come out of the filler not every gearbox did this as some r still running today I actually had this problem I replaced my gearbox in my vy and I got a vx 4l60e I didn't know about the pan so I got ripped off by gear box for a vx I didn't know but I know now after about a year started to pump oil out of the filler not all the time but when they made the vy they put a deep pan and a lock on the dip stick so holden new about this problem hope this helps
Yes this effected VX has a deep pan also the dip stck is marked deep pan but i check on another VX that does not have the deep pan so for the first time I prove what is deep and what is not..

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The early 4l60e gearbox's had a shallow pan and heat issue cause oil to come out of the filler not every gearbox did this as some r still running today I actually had this problem I replaced my gearbox in my vy and I got a vx 4l60e I didn't know about the pan so I got ripped off by gear box for a vx I didn't know but I know now after about a year started to pump oil out of the filler not all the time but when they made the vy they put a deep pan and a lock on the dip stick so holden new about this problem hope this helps
I read somewhere (possibly jc?) that vt was the first of the deep pans.
My vt is a s1, build date 8/98. It has a deep pan & a lock on the dip stick. I also have a second vt s1, build date 11/ 97 & it is the same as my vt (deep pan with locking dipstick).

Mine wasn't new when l bought them. So l don't know if they are original.