Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx commodre door not unlocking

sprinter1221

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 vx commodre spac
Hey everyone kinda in a pickle at the moment.
Have got a 2001 vx s2 spac last night went out to the bottlo car was all good parked my car when I got home and locked it when I came back out later on in the night the car wouldn't unlock at all wasn't responding with the key or wasn't working in the door lock itself... had to leave it for the night tried again today and still nothing ended up having to break the window to get in and still didn't want to unlock the knobs didn't want to ge pushed up at all there's power to the car as shows odometer and mode module flicks red tried turning the key in ignition and the car just beeped at me so had to disconnect the battery and push it out the way..
Has anyone ran into this issue before?

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU II SS Ute
I've had this issue happen maybe once or twice on my VX S Pack. I just kept pressing the unlock and lock button and eventually it unlocked luckily. I also heard that batteries going flat in your key fob will cause it not to unlock.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
My vt, l couldn't unlock with remote. Put the key in & couldn't move the key at all.
Left the key in the lock & went & did something else. Came back a couple of minutes later & tried turning the key. Opened easy as. Locked it, took the key out went & did something else, came back 20 minutes later & tried to unlock it again. Again l couldn't move the key. Left the key in for a couple of minutes & tried opening it again. Again it opened easy.

Don't know if it would work on your vx?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Why did you not call a locksmith instead of breaking glass that will cost?
...or a metre of strapping tape and 5 minutes of patience = free.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
My vt, l couldn't unlock with remote. Put the key in & couldn't move the key at all.
Left the key in the lock & went & did something else. Came back a couple of minutes later & tried turning the key. Opened easy as. Locked it, took the key out went & did something else, came back 20 minutes later & tried to unlock it again. Again l couldn't move the key. Left the key in for a couple of minutes & tried opening it again. Again it opened easy.

Don't know if it would work on your vx?
That's super weird. I'm trying to get my head around why that would work. Ever work out why it did? I trust you're not still doing that, so what did you do to solve the problem permanently?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
That's super weird. I'm trying to get my head around why that would work. Ever work out why it did? I trust you're not still doing that, so what did you do to solve the problem permanently?
Got the fob working.
Can't remember what l had to do to get it working.

Out of interest to leaving the key in the door lock for a couple of minutes, l tried it yesterday. Key worked straight away.

"I'm trying to get my head around why that would work"
To guess the answer to this question, maybe it's like leaving the key in the ignition with the ignition on for 40minutes to start the car? Fail safe?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Maybe something to do with the micro switch in the back of the lock?