Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Drivers seat stuffed and needs a replacment

L

Leo.Bullterrier

We have a larger framed mate who has just had the Lap Band fitted and we want to suprise him with a new seat for his VX S2 Acliam V6 sedan but all the seats weve already seen are also stuffed from normal wear and tear so I'm wondering what other model Commodore seat would fit the VX.

Last edited by a moderator:

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
good on yas!~ depending where you are you could try a wreckers hotline (qld ABC wreckers)
and they will source the correct ones for you, or retrim them (get a qoute on second hand ones)

i've never tried to fit other models to a vx so unsure on what else might fit
vy to vt needs rails been there scrapped that got buckets 400 $ set ;)

L

Leo.Bullterrier

Thanks guys I'll try ABC and maybe other Commodore wreckers.

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
deffs VT and VX and i think VY and VZ do to, but VT/X are better seats in my opinion

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
when you do find your seat remember to disconnect the battery before you do the swap to eliminate the risk of having to take the car to the dealer to have air bag alarm reset.(been there)

L

Leo.Bullterrier

I can get a left seat in perfect condition so I'm wondering can it be unbolted from the frame and used on the right side.

Brett McRae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 S-pack Auto 3.8
check if the car has side impact airbags, most VX acclaims do i think.

L

Leo.Bullterrier

We now have a near new seat from a wrecked 80,000 klm vehicle and will fit the seat while Fred is away for work next week as I sold him the Commodore and I still have a remote but not the key so we'll surprise hime when he returns. He has also lost 19kgs and has 50 to go.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Side airbags are standard fitment in a VX acclaim so the seat you get has to have a side airbag. You can't use a passenger seat as the airbag will be on the wrong side and so will the seatbelt buckle and adjuster knobs. I hope you got a VX acclaim seat so the trims will match.