Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Front Bar Loose

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU II SS Ute
Hi all, I have a minor issue on my VX SS. The drivers side of my front bar where it meets the guard is not clipping in place firmly. I am kind of fussy and was wondering is there any tricks for getting it to sit in place better? The other side is firm too. Cheers.

Attachments

• 20240120_202205.jpg
    20240120_202205.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 50

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You need a new bar clip, or the bar is stuffed.
The bar locks onto a bar clip.
You can get the clip second hand and if the bar is stuffed you can get it plastic welded.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
You can get the clip second hand and if the bar is stuffed you can get it plastic welded.
Or, it hasn't seated, and you need to hit it harder

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Or, it hasn't seated, and you need to hit it harder
Yea that too.
Or it doesn't seat properly then you hit it harder and tear the tab in bar which gets stuck in the bar clip holding it out.

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
Probably heat related, not the first one that sticks out. Take it to a panel shop get their expertise.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU II SS Ute
Probably heat related, not the first one that sticks out. Take it to a panel shop get their expertise.
I actually had it at the panel shop as I had it resprayed, from memory it was sitting fine before it went in but loose when I got it back.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU II SS Ute
The bar is like new and I noticed it was looser after it was reattached by a panel shop after a respray. I don't think the clip is broken just need to push or hit it back into place harder.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The bar is like new and I noticed it was looser after it was reattached by a panel shop after a respray. I don't think the clip is broken just need to push or hit it back into place harder.
Take it back to the panel shop. Let them hit in place. If it breaks, then they can fix it!

They shouldn't have released the car to you in the first place with the bar not fitting proper.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU II SS Ute
Yeah I might have to, they are a good panel shop and the bar is fitted well enough, I am just fussy that's all. It's just a little loose. Thanks for the input.