Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx indicator problem

Drager

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calis
checvked the relays under the fuse panel and stuff nothing there. replaced thestalk problem still there any other ideas guys. (btw the stalks arnt cheap are they?)

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
not a fuse or relay

this has been happening to me on and off over the past few months, but just today it was doing it for an extended period of time and it started smoking up from the stalk!! around the wheel and barrel, seems to be a short in the stalk, now how to work out how to remove it!

my calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais
can any one help me i have a vx calais but when i puit my indicators on my hazards come on and i have replaced the flasher relay???????????????????

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
my calais;663952;663952 said:
can any one help me i have a vx calais but when i puit my indicators on my hazards come on and i have replaced the flasher relay???????????????????

That is most likely in your hazard switch. Replace that.

this has been happening to me on and off over the past few months, but just today it was doing it for an extended period of time and it started smoking up from the stalk!! around the wheel and barrel, seems to be a short in the stalk, now how to work out how to remove it!

Sounds like you do have a short in the stalk. The steering wheel has to come off and then the assembly is held in by screws behind it. Disconnect the battery, then turn the lights on for a second, this will discharge the capacitor that sets off the airbag. The just undo the screws holding the airbag to the wheel and remove the wheel. Make sure you do not turn the ignition back on with the battery connected while the airbag is not plugged in or you will get the airbag light come on and it will need to be reset by Holden.

bardy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
its happening to me too. i know its the flasher fuse because when it does the "ticking" noise the fuse vibrates. i went and bought another fuse hoping it was that but it still did it. even more the store wouldnt let me return the fuse even though i changed the fuse over in their carpark! so dont waste $20 on a fuse like me. i think its the stalk

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
My guess is a short in the indicator stalk if you have checked the flasher relay

kramersteen

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/
VT and vs stupid ticking noise leads to road rage

My wife has had both vs and vt and they have both had the same problem, that stupid ticking noise drives you to insanity, its like a metranome for the car haha, I want to fix it for her? i bet even the new commodores do it. THE HOLDEN metronome

BBM131

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
I have the same problem. The ticking noise as im driving. But not its worse. When I put on my indicaters they dont flash. There is no tick when the indicaters are on. But still when im driving. Is it a provlem with the flasher or slak?

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
That is most likely in your hazard switch. Replace that.

Sounds like you do have a short in the stalk. The steering wheel has to come off and then the assembly is held in by screws behind it. Disconnect the battery, then turn the lights on for a second, this will discharge the capacitor that sets off the airbag. The just undo the screws holding the airbag to the wheel and remove the wheel. Make sure you do not turn the ignition back on with the battery connected while the airbag is not plugged in or you will get the airbag light come on and it will need to be reset by Holden.

U don't remove the steering wheel to remove the stalk, you just remove the cover behind the wheel, disconnect the connect down the track and 2 clips hold it in