Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sexdefender832

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack
Ok guys so recently I’ve crashed my baby it was a vx s pac with the Getrag manual I’m just wondering if I can use the parts from the vx in a vy shell or if I could just swap the whole front end k frame and some electronics around (I know it’s not that simple but you get what I mean)

Sexdefender832

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack
H
Donor car is the perfect solution and they are near on identical aside cosmetics. Go nuts
Donor car is the perfect solution and they are near on identical aside cosmetics. Go nuts
how about electronic wise? Are the vy and vx same ecu and Will the ecu work with the rest of the car

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Actually good point, you want the loom and ecu from the receiving vehicle. From memory they are the difference. May not be as big an issue with a manual but a vy manual ecu and loom ensures it's mostly plug and play. You can use an auto ecu, just need a tune to disable the auto aspects to avoid cel

Last edited:

Sexdefender832

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack
Actually good point, you want the loom and ecu from the receiving vehicle. From memory they are the difference. May not be as big an issue with a manual but a vy manual ecu and loom ensures it's mostly plug and play. You can use an auto ecu, just need a tune to disable the auto aspects to avoid cel
Yeah That was the biggest issue in my mind I’ll try and find a loom for a manual or get a manual donor car