Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Rear Tail Light bulbs keep blowing : (

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Over the last 12 months I've had to replace the stop and blinker light bulbs on both sides twice and now the right side brake and reversing light is out.
I think shes telling me a trip to the Auto Electrician is what she wants or can anyone suggest things to renew that may correct the problem.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
replacing bulbs is part of life - they don't make em to last.

VT's had an issue where they would blow both brake lights at the same time but this was resolved in later models.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
My Crewman blew an indicator globe so went down to Auto One and got a Narva globe, chucked it in, lasted about 2 weeks and then blew again. Went to Holden genuine and got a Phillips globe and that outlasted the car :/
are you using genuine globes or aftermarket?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
what rory said
always use longlife globes not cheapo globes

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Here I am thinking the Narva globe are the good ones. I'll go see our Holden dealer tomorrow for a full set of the rear bulbs and thanks guys.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Update: Friday 25/10/13, Went to our Holden dealer and purchased a set of 6 genuine bulbs for only $43.00

smoken_VS

Perth wa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Vx Commodore sedan
I had the same problem on my VX and i picked up some LED Brake and tail lights and so far i have not had to replace them and to back them up i wired in a T10 globe just in case. I aint getting pulled over for that crap again having 1 brake light cause they blow every 2 weeks...64 LED the way to go

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
I had the same problem on my VX and i picked up some LED Brake and tail lights and so far i have not had to replace them and to back them up i wired in a T10 globe just in case. I aint getting pulled over for that crap again having 1 brake light cause they blow every 2 weeks...64 LED the way to go

I had to google what a T10 and the 64 LED is and I've only ever seen the reversing bulbs in the 64's. I'll give the GM bulbs a go first and if they correct the problem then they'll be good enough and with the LED bulbs are they just brighter or are they also less likly to blow.

Last edited: