Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Rear Window Stuck Down

Mochaka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Accalim SII
For a while now my rear windows have had a problem with going down, they're really slow and sometimes don't go at all. Well yesterday it finally stopped working altogether. The button in the back wouldn't budge so I pulled the button apart and it had all this broken plastic in it and putting it back together doesn't work. So now the window is stuck down and it won't budge at all.

Anyone know how i can atleast get the window up and i can try and fix it later on? The motor is holding the window down and i'm not sure how to release the motor or take it off.

Thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You can supply 12 volts directly to the terminals on the regulator motor to put the window up. Reverse the positive and negative wires to reverse the direction (up and down)

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If you are handy, open up the window switch again.

you will see the 4 toggle switches again

On the side of each switch is a small lil knob/hole bracket holding the individual toggles down.
Pry one side off slowly until the one side lifts up and do again to the other side.
***** try to tape the toggle switch down as well as when it comes off, will go to the other side of the room as the toggle switch has a couple small springs under it*****

Now once safely off, remember how they go back together.

Inspect the metal contact and see if there is any burnt out sections or sections that need a contact clean.
Use a file or knife so scrape anything off.

Can also open up another toggle switch and change over the internal rockers to the spot you want to put them, eg, drivers side rear to passenger side rear swap over

Put back together and see if it works.

Also check out
Fixing Power Window Switch in VX Commodore - YouTube

BTW, this is temp solution, best thing i found, replace altogether
I think i bought this one.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-Ne...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2bcf7eab

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
If one side is working and the other isn't (not clear in your post) then just swap the switches over and see if the window goes up?

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
This is a normal problem with all the electric windows. Our left rear started playing up and eventually said no more to going up.
I bought a brand new genuine Holden unit off ebay but haven't got around to fitting it yet because before buying the new motor and wind up thingy
I took out the old unit and using a piece of pine I held up the window and that was a year ago and you'd never know and difference.
Then again we don't have kids in the back just 2 dogs and they both use the right side window for a breeze during the cooler months.