Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx senator help

96calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs calais series 1
hi guys, got a few things id love to sort. any help much appreciated

1. position of brake light and cruise switch, my cruise isnt working due to the switch being out of position, where should it be in relation to the brake switch below it.

2. reverse parking sensors not working, i turn on the switch in the centre console and it beeps, then i select reverse and it beeps continuouly

3. when i unlock the car and go to start the car the engine fires then dies straight away, try again and the same. if i lock the car from the remote then unlock and restart it fires and idles perfectly. go for a drive then the same happens again after getting back into the car.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Number 3, This is the immobiliser, I have a similar issue, however if you lock the car and unlock it when you get back in it works no worries.

This one had me confused for a bit, I assumed it was a fault but I think it is a "feature" most aftermarket immobilisers will re-arm themselves in a similar fashion.

With the parking sensors has someone painted over them, has one fallen behind the bumper?

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
The cruise switch on the brake pedal works like the brake light switch. Its job is to turn off the cruise when you brake, so if it is contacting the pedal even when you are not braking, this could be what is causing your cruise not to work at all.

96calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs calais series 1
Number 3 never used to happen so it's not normal. The rear bumper has been reprinted, wonder what new sensors are worth and what model they are?

Thanks for info on switches brother :)

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
number 3 is most likely the ring on ign barrel not getting full contact with the little nub on the key, happens in both of mine, I get the beeps and the security light flashs on the mode switch.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
The metal nub on the key can be gently pulled out a few mm more with your fingers, so it makes a good proper contact with the stainless steel ring around the ignition barrel when the key is inserted.

This might help the immobiliser issue maybe.

96calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs calais series 1
Ok I used the spare key and that fixed the starting issue, I'll move out the metal nub and try the first key.

When I adjust the cruise switch it either doesn't let cruise work or brings on low traction lamp on dash ( I have replaced all bulbs with LEDs in dash btw)

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
1. position of brake light and cruise switch, my cruise isnt working due to the switch being out of position, where should it be in relation to the brake switch below it.
Maybe this....?