Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Series 1 or 2

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Paid 14k for my 2001 S2 S pack with 79,000km on the clock, 1 owner :D

In imaculate condition ;)

jvp007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 S
On the boot there is usually a badge that says "Series II" in a series 2 VX. Unless the previous owner removed it.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Hairy Eater said:
:ranting: you paid $30,000 for your seried 1 VX..... :rofl: i only got one for $10,500 ....... :bang: and it came with 18 inch black chrome racing wheels.... :drink:

I paid $16,800 for my Series II VX Berlina and it came with 183,000kms on the dial too. Car is ex-fleet, looks immaculate and couldn't fault it.

I too was happy to pay what I did for it... it is what I wanted and it is what I got!

As for the original question around here, I though the S pack series in VX didn't have the badge on the back... only the 'COMMODORE S' type badge?

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I have a series 2 vx s pac and mine actually has series 2 underneath the v6 badge on the side of the car. Id look there

girlracer

HSVLADY
Reaction score
Website
www.numberplatesforyou.co.nz
Members Ride
HSV R8 vx11
Hi! Chris Im not sure why but I dont think my picture is downloading properly. lets see if it comes up. Mine is a series one. I haven't had any trouble with tyre wear. My backside seems to be up real high. Have lowered it on king springs 40mm all round. I noticed in some of the pics of others posted on this site and the backsides dont look up as much as mine.

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
this is what it might look like on the right hand side of the boot

Attachments

• SUC30006.JPG
    SUC30006.JPG
    409.3 KB · Views: 298

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
girlracer said:
Hi! Chris Im not sure why but I dont think my picture is downloading properly. lets see if it comes up. Mine is a series one. I haven't had any trouble with tyre wear. My backside seems to be up real high. Have lowered it on king springs 40mm all round. I noticed in some of the pics of others posted on this site and the backsides dont look up as much as mine.
For the display picture you need to click "User CP" near the top of the page.
Than click the "Edit Avatar" button on the left column. Then choose "Use Custom Avatar" then click the "Browse button to fin the picture you want.
Maximum picture size is 100 by 100 pixels and maximum size is 19.5KB.
The back of mine sits a little higher. I think most people lower the back a little more than the front when lowering.
I haven't had any tyre wear problems either. How long ago did you get it lowered?

Chris.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Damn! 30G for a Series 1...hmmm
I dunno....atm im lookin @ a Series 2 S-pack with sunroof, manual, 78,000km and only for 19,900.
I recon i could also talk the dealer down 2 grand...

tungsten_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
Another difference between the series one and two was the series one had the same front grill as the VT (the one with the vertical bars) and the series two had a diamond shaped grill. The series one also had a greyish interior where as the series two was black.

Just for anyone who is interested.

I too agree that as long as the person buying the car is happy with what they get for the money then it doesnt matter. I got a series one VX Equipe with a HBD body kit and 18inch wheels and 80,000k's for $20k. I thought that was a good deal and I still do.