Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ss 6.2 ls3 conversion

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
but in the end mate,
i would rather a stroked LS3 over an F/I LS1. i made the mistake for not doing enough research. i'v just spent 12K on a blower ( thats just the blower) i still have to spend another 2.5K to install it. i also have to upgrade my cam, fuel system, and exhuast system. i will end up spending +15K after its bolted in.

15K would get you one mean N/A LS3. i have seen short block LS3 for 7K. an stroked LS3 would have all the tourqe in the world over and built LS1.

VX SS 340 HP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS LS1
So what sort of power would i be looking at roughly if i was to just cam, MAFless tune and flow the heads on an LS3...Also how would my auto gearbox go would it bolt up to an LS3 motor

BradSV8

Nitrous Junkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
yep 350 rwkw is def possible with a cammed LS3. I have seen a cammed LS3 in a ve go 11.0 on the quarter so in a lighter vt - vz should be capable of a 10 sec pass with the right setup. It is not cheap tho but you can save a lot by doing the work yourself and researching before you buy any parts. Several places in the states are doing built 418-427 ci LS3 short blocks for around $4.5k to fully assembled long blocks for 8k.

BEASTVFSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F GTS, VF SSV Redline, VX SS II, VN SS
Hi

Can anyone advise if this happened and if so how it went?

I have a Series II VX SS 6M with 107,000km on the clock and in mint condition and I'm looking to do the same (looking at a 427).

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
LSA`s (new) are only 3k more than the LS3 @ 11k a piece, bit more dicking around getting it in but it can be done.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Hi

Can anyone advise if this happened and if so how it went?

I have a Series II VX SS 6M with 107,000km on the clock and in mint condition and I'm looking to do the same (looking at a 427).

Yeah it's a relatively simple swap these days. Plenty of ls1 have been swapped for LS3 l98 ls7 etc

NickGNB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Sedan, VY II Acclaim Wagon, Ford Territory
Hey all, in the process of pulling the LS1 from my VY SS, (288,000kms, stuffed heads and oil pump) and have got a quote for an LS3 which will work for me. Just wondering if I will be able to use my LS1 aftermarket exhaust initially with the LS3 to keep budget down, and whether or not I will have to change the brakes to be legal?

Any info much appreciated.
Cheers

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
Ive done an l98 conversion,your headers will bolt up no problem.
Brakes stay the same although id get some good slotted discs and Bendix heavy duty brake pads as a minimum.

LilRorz00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S Pack
I bought a VT Commodore 97’ S Pack and i was wondering roughly how much it would cost to put an ls3 in it