Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Any Advice Would Be Good

joelguseli

Joel
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
the otr makes the car better mate. As others have said get exhaust tune and OTR. for the ehhaust id recomened di fillipo or pace maker headers. Go for 4 into 1's 1 3/4" in size. Then get a twin 2.5" exhaust. Again di fillipo is good, there exhausts never drone and flow well but any other brand would be decent.

Also the otr is not legal neither is a tune or just about any other thing you do to the car.

haha fair enough so im slowly gathering that the otr is heaps beater then a cold air induction through a k&n pannel filter? but are we talking heaps beta ? or beta like when you put a k&n filter in your car n think its faster...

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
go used for the exhaust should get it all for around 1500 then a maffless tune and otr.should see you doing 12-13's

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
haha fair enough so im slowly gathering that the otr is heaps beater then a cold air induction through a k&n pannel filter? but are we talking heaps beta ? or beta like when you put a k&n filter in your car n think its faster...

dunno never drove the car with a k&n. otr is said to be worth 10 rwkws over stock though.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon

The OTR is CAI set up, probably the best there is. It will most likely incorporate a K&N filter anyway.

If you do the exhaust, OTR without a tune, the car will not be much faster than it is stock. Generally a standard GEN3 is around 180-190rwkw from what i have read here and other forums.
When i got mine an exhaust with no tune, i think the car went backwards in power lol. Once i got the tune it was a whole new car. Smoother , more power and economical.
Before my tune i would average about 14l/100, now its around the 11/12l/100.

Looks like i got a bit flamed in my previous thread, so ill put this in order of purchase for basic mods:
1) Exhaust and OTR
2) Aftermarker tune.

When you get it tuned, they will tune it specifically to your vehicles mods and cars peculiars, thats if its a Dyno tune. Or if you send away for a mail order tune, there are a lot to choose from, you tell them your mods and they send you a tune that works just as well.

Hope this helps

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ok so, it’s easy to tell every 1 what they said is wrong, well what’s your opinion? I want to do a few things to it to make it quicker than average (average being my bros vy ss) but still want it to be reasonable on fuel and reliable for trips because after all it’s meant to be a family car...

I gave my opinion in my post... :bang:

And yes... it is easy to tell people they are wrong... when they are wrong. Well done.

Anyway...

MOST OTRCAI are illegal as MOST require the maf to be removed and a mafless tune.

Some allow forr the maf to be still used but they have an exposed oiled air filter which is not legal...

You can get ones that have the filter enclosed and the maf is retained but technically you should have it enginnered with the new setup in order to be legal.

The reason OTR are so good is mainly because the air goes directly to the TB rather than taking an adventure tour of your engine bay via the airbox.

Also, the fact it travels less distance in the enigne bay means it reaches the engine cooler... which is good for the engine.

One more thing, In terms or exhaust... general rule of thumb... 3-tri headers give better performance down low... so take off etc. And a 4 into 1 gives better performance up high... thus why dyno shootout cars and drag cars will normally have 4 into 1.

Hope that helps

joelguseli

Joel
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
One thing I thought of the other day is.. and yea I understand the otr goes strait in so that’s good. But it sounds like the tune is really what’s making the biggest difference not the mods?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yes... the tune is what brings out the full potential of the other mods... and obviously the other mods are what allow for higher power and performacne gains from a tune.

Exhaust, intake, rockers can all go in without a tune and you will see performance gains from them... but it'll be a different car once you get it tuned...

joelguseli

Joel
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
You can get ones that have the filter enclosed and the maf is retained but technically you should have it enginnered with the new setup in order to be legal.

Hope that helps[/QUOTE]

just woundering if you no where i can find one of these and or what they are called so i can do serch on them
just want to no all options
thanks