Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx steering wheel buttons

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
JoffLane said:
Actually the whole idea is so you aren't reaching over to the stereo all the time. I think it's much safer.

i agree it is a **** load safer. i dont even look down at mine, youd have to be as slow as a whole special ed school not to be able to memorize 6 buttons......:unsure:

_VX_S_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S
I'm about to change the original head unit to an after market one. Is it straight forward to connect the new unit up to the steering wheel controls??

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
No vx_s. You need a special gadget that connects to your steering wheel controls and acts as a remote control (via infrared). If you do a search on these forums you should see something.

ezynow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Equip S2
girlracer said:
Are you talking about the stereo buttons. I really havent bothered using mine as I find them totally impractical. You would have to look down at them when driving and Im just used to reaching over to my head deck and pushing a button.

Just to let you know there is a small bump on the outer middle of the middle button on either side of the steering wheel controls.
This allows you to feel with your finger tip which button is the middle so you can then navigate to the appropriate button so you don't have to look down at the buttons.

The steering wheel controls rock!! If I get a new HU I would want to combine the steering wheel controls with it.

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
any1 got a spare volume down button that they dont need any more? :D

V

VX_KN079

I have heaps of spares (had to buy a whole pack from Holden when one broke)... I'll check later today and get back to you :)

Cheers!

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
VX_KN079 said:
I have heaps of spares (had to buy a whole pack from Holden when one broke)... I'll check later today and get back to you :)

Cheers!

Did you have a look for that button for us mate?