Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vxss mods price????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir VxSs

Its gotta B a GenIII !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss II 6SpD
hey gus i have a stock man ss , got quoted $3000 by a tuner ( friend of friend )
to tune my car to a rough dyno figure of 220 to 230 kw atw ! mods include valve springs , cat back exhaust , extractors , monaro styld cai and maf tune! i ask him why he thinks i should go Maf instead of Mafless , he told me for what i want ( a little moore get up & go ) and use as a daily driver to go maf ! he did say mafless cold get moore out of it but if im gona stop with these mods and not go the cam , dff gears and blah blah blah blah ! he can tune it moore suitable for me with better fuel economy! and still ge good power. He has 2 monster vx ss of his own which ive seen and heard at his shop and they are nuts. so that said is that a good or standard price??? And what are your opinions thanks:whistling

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
That's about right. As long as he opens up your cat pipes to match the diameter of the header outlet and cat back inlet that should get you a 13.2-13.6 1/4 time.

A mate had this same combo done by CSV in VIC and got a 13.2 1/4 mile. Not bad for the money, he just can't keep it straight when he floors it :p

Sir VxSs

Its gotta B a GenIII !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss II 6SpD
thanks mate thats a nice tme ?? just poking around trying to get the best bang for my buck!!

Sir VxSs

Its gotta B a GenIII !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss II 6SpD
just wanted to see what guys were getting time , power , and mod wise for this cash?

zane

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Better to get 3.91 diff gears, headers, exhaust and tune. forget the valve springs unless you go for a cam, still will be around $3000

cano1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS stateo 5ltr
spend a bit more and get a capa supercharger kit cause there really good for the price and reliable

Sir VxSs

Its gotta B a GenIII !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss II 6SpD
never realy thought of that will look into for sure!! thanks any where you know of evena itejut o get some prices?? thanks

Sir VxSs

Its gotta B a GenIII !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss II 6SpD
:drink::drink::drink: suppose to be be even if its just to get prices hanks

Status
Not open for further replies.