Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy 5,7 v8 water pump replacement

vncruzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
can anyone give me a run down or link to replacing a water pump on the gen3 2004 vy ? cheers

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Undo heater hoses.
Remove drivebelt
Remove drivebelt tensioner
remove waterpump
replace waterpump
refit removed pieces
refill coolant and bleed

AUSFITTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS series 2
There is a "how to" on the ls1 forum. It is a piece of cake to do, only takes about 45-60mins. I had to do the same on my ss last weekend, i thought it was going to be more involved, but not a chance, soo simple

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
It's not that hard mate, although you should realize the radiator is coming out in addition to sabbath's instructions. Buy a gregory's repair manual from super cheap/repco and you'll be fine. DO NOT GET ANY COOLANT ON THE PAINT.

AUSFITTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS series 2
Radiator doesnt need to come out mate, but the thermo fans do, but still simple, it unclips and slides out

Coaly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV8 Auto
Radiator doesnt need to come out mate, but the thermo fans do, but still simple, it unclips and slides out

Water pump must be in a slightly different spot to my '05 VZ SV8. Just pulled mine off and all I had to do was radiator shroud,

drive belt, heater hoses and outlet pipe. Keep up the good work guys, this forum has helped me to no end with my commodores

over the years!

-Coaly

niqqaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
There is a "how to" on the ls1 forum. It is a piece of cake to do, only takes about 45-60mins. I had to do the same on my ss last weekend, i thought it was going to be more involved, but not a chance, soo simple

Link to the how to?

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
It's not that hard mate, although you should realize the radiator is coming out in addition to sabbath's instructions. Buy a gregory's repair manual from super cheap/repco and you'll be fine. DO NOT GET ANY COOLANT ON THE PAINT.

WTF, lol, you did not seriously take out the radiator!!!, I would how ever flush and reverse flush the radiator, also before you start check for old cocked up hoses and replace as nessesary, the money you save on doing it your self can get you these.

vt vx 8 ls1 radiator hoses | eBay

also I`d get the nulon red coolant because it lasts 5 years not 2years like the GM one.