Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy adventra front prop shaft cv

adventra lx8

Reaction score
Members Ride
adventra lx8
may be posting this in wrong spot not much of a computer guy but thought i should let people know what ive found (sure most probably already know but if i can save one person some money im happy) So if your cv's on your front prop shaft are buggered or your rear tailshaft for that matter dont pay $400 for diff end and $300 for transfer case end as i was quoted by bursons (he would not sell them to me he thought i was a rip off so he gave me his part numbers and told me search the net so i did) the diff end cv is the same as fg falcon or jeep grand Cherokee (front tranfercase end) 25 spline count 100mm OD non plunging starting from $50 on ebay. transfercase end cv is the same as VB-VL 6cylinder tailshaft cv 24 spline 94mm OD plunging type starting from $50 on ebay hope this saves someone $$. only issue is transfer case cv needs spline ground down a little so circlip will seat and rear dust seal trimed so if your not confident pulling a cv apart maybe give this cv a miss. the job itself is easy pull cv apart grind lip off splined piece so same thickness as original reassemble then trim flange off dust cover as there is no recess for it to press on done. part numbers i have on my cv diff end brand gsp number cvj.cht1 transfercase end unbranded number cv8562011012 hope this helps .

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Part numbers ? for future reference and Justin Case.

adventra lx8

Reaction score
Members Ride
adventra lx8
updated post with part numbers that were on the cv i purchased also up dated the fact you have to modify one cv easy mod but i forgot to mention it witch could of got someone in trouble my bad and i definitely dont want that.

Cammoore80

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Adventra
Both transfer case and front diff ends are identical, both plunging joints and no modifications needed.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
True. Although at this point the matches for Jeep and Falcon are not entirely confirmed by someone fitting them, so to clarify, you have actually fitted the Jeep one?

I’ve covered this a bit in my Cross 8 thread. I think @figjam bumped me onto the VP boot on the rear prop shaft. Not yet able to fit it.
The boots on the front prop shaft are still around new and are the same each end.

Cammoore80

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Adventra
True. Although at this point the matches for Jeep and Falcon are not entirely confirmed by someone fitting them, so to clarify, you have actually fitted the Jeep one?

I’ve covered this a bit in my Cross 8 thread. I think @figjam bumped me onto the VP boot on the rear prop shaft. Not yet able to fit it.
The boots on the front prop shaft are still around new and are the same each end.
No I haven’t, I have just rebuilt both ends and replaced both boots which I got new from Holden. I only mention that because I read in the threads that there’s a difference between transfer case end and front diff end, and having just done it myself that’s incorrect.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No I haven’t, I have just rebuilt both ends and replaced both boots which I got new from Holden. I only mention that because I read in the threads that there’s a difference between transfer case end and front diff end, and having just done it myself that’s incorrect.
Okie dokie.