Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Calais interior swap into ute

VYCALAISUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
I'm really keen on swapping out the interior in my ute. Started as just wanting the climate control fascia but now wanting to make it into a Calais interior. Question is what I need to do this. Want the seats, all electrics/options. The whole shebang basically. Anybody heard of this being done or thinking of doing it themselves?

R

Risky

Not as easy as the old days in swapping interiors. You'll find trim getting harder to find. Seats will be hard to find & those who have them will charge like a wounded bull. It took me 8 months to find leather seats and they came from an SVZ. You may need to get a new BCM but people here with experience will comment about that. You will need a re-programmed Calais cluster (which I'm chasing after at the moment).

You can get most of the leather gear knob, gaiter, handbrake cover, brushed aluminium surfaces direct from Holden & they are cheap in comparison to other marques. Door cards and inserts you'll have to obtain from your local wrecker or on eBay. If you look at my interior, I've only done it to what an S should have looked like.

Here's a link that will help you start your way: items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

VYCALAISUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
Yeah figured as much. I'm not too fussed about finding parts as I'm not really in a hurry, just sort of gathering as much knowledge as o can. What exactly would I need to do to the Calais gusher cluster to make it work?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Its a dash out job to fit climate control as you must fit the climate control HVAC unit. Not just the fascia.
You will need someone with a TECH2 to set the airbags in the dash to suit the ute.
Need to link your ECU with the Calais high spec BCM. Once again, TECH2.
Probably easier to buy a wrecked Calais and use it as a doner car as you will have 100% of what you need. Then ebay the leftovers.

VYCALAISUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
That was the original idea but my old man has a VT Calais that he's gonna pull the motor out of. What stuff would be interchangeable that I could use? BCM, hvac, seats and doors and wiring harnesses for seats and Windows I would think. (Obviously not any dash pieces)