Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Calais Rims

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Figjam, there is no code. PPG did the coating for ROH.

EYY that VHT gives a nice finish.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
My daughter's 04 VY2 Calais' standard rims are a bit shabby looking.

Does anybody know if there is a paint code for them or a very close match so I can freshen them up? Its a good solid car just seen a bit too much sun I think.

Thanks in advance

Ive heard the name"Billet Silver was used on some VZ HSV's (paint code D952)
and also heard the name Sparkle Silver used. dont have a code for that one though

As far as I know the wheels came from Taiwan, not China after had ROH stopped manufacturing wheels for Holden
The company/manufacturer was named Enkei

I was under the impression all VY wheels were made by Enkei- my HBD J series im pretty sure are stamped with there logo

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
As far as I know the wheels came from Taiwan, not China after had ROH stopped manufacturing wheels for Holden. The company/manufacturer was named Enkei

My Calais2 rims are not stamped with anything to identify who or where they were made. Just the various specification codes.
Similarly for my 2009 SY Territory alloys.
So Ford and Holden were screwing their suppliers a lot earlier than I thought.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
You wouldve had to sand them back yea EVY? and wax grease remover on them?

they look unreal

Do u reckon brake cleaner would kill the gloss?

wouldnt mind painting these cos the chrome gone crudd on them

Unghgtitled-1.jpg

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
I was under the impression all VY wheels were made by Enkei- my HBD J series im pretty sure are stamped with there logo

i just checked the spare VY HBD J Series rim that i have out the back of the house, and it defiantly has the word Enkei, and the Enkei logo cast into the back of the rim

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
You wouldve had to sand them back yea EVY? and wax grease remover on them?

they look unreal

Do u reckon brake cleaner would kill the gloss?

wouldnt mind painting these cos the chrome gone crudd on them

View attachment 202044
Yeah mate sanded and filled imperfections then sanded the whole surface with 600grit then wax and grease remover, colour then clear.

Chrome’s a difficult one - not easy to get the paint to key in. Do some research before you commit - may need to use an etch primer?

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
i just checked the spare VY HBD J Series rim that i have out the back of the house, and it defiantly has the word Enkei, and the Enkei logo cast into the back of the rim

According to ROH they supplied Holden until VY2 on Commodore/Calais. Maybe HBD (and possibly HSV) were sourced from Enkei earlier.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
According to ROH they supplied Holden until VY2 on Commodore/Calais. Maybe HBD (and possibly HSV) were sourced from Enkei earlier.

I would think that it swapped at the end of VX production, as the VY/VZ rims are the same range

Doubt Holdens won’t get them from 2 suppliers at the same time

I Do Remember by uncle mentioning Enkei where the rim supplier for VY not ROH. As he bought a brand new VY SS home from the Plant for a weekend when they first came out.

I liked the VY SS rims, I ended up buying a set for my VS, which I had just bought- although mine where non genuine 17’s

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yeah mate sanded and filled imperfections then sanded the whole surface with 600grit then wax and grease remover, colour then clear.

Chrome’s a difficult one - not easy to get the paint to key in. Do some research before you commit - may need to use an etch primer?
What did you fill with? Did you seal it before colour coat? No worries of it bleeding through?

I powdercoated mine, but sanded out all kurbing first

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
What did you fill with? Did you seal it before colour coat? No worries of it bleeding through?

I powdercoated mine, but sanded out all kurbing first
I just spot primed and sanded back down before paint - didn't bother priming the whole rim because the existing paint wasn't that bad. Just filled with normal polyester filler.