Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy commodore steering wheel buttons to new headunit

Locko1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Hey guys, I bought a android headunit for the 2004 vy commodore, also got a aerpro kit to connect the buttons to the head unit it's plugged in but the buttons seem to have a mind of there own, was wondering if anyone knew what wires to connect straight to the headunit and bypass the areopro computer thing I bought. As I have put the same thing in another car (toyota) and the arepro steering g wheel computer was making it not work as the head unit already had a self learn feature the aero pro was stuffing it up. When I plugged the 3 wires directly to key 1 key 2 and ground it worked perfectly. So thinking it's the same for the commodore.

Just need to find out what wires to connect to key 1 key 2 and ground.

Cheers fellas

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey guys, I bought a android headunit for the 2004 vy commodore, also got a aerpro kit to connect the buttons to the head unit it's plugged in but the buttons seem to have a mind of there own, was wondering if anyone knew what wires to connect straight to the headunit and bypass the areopro computer thing I bought. As I have put the same thing in another car (toyota) and the arepro steering g wheel computer was making it not work as the head unit already had a self learn feature the aero pro was stuffing it up. When I plugged the 3 wires directly to key 1 key 2 and ground it worked perfectly. So thinking it's the same for the commodore.

Just need to find out what wires to connect to key 1 key 2 and ground.

Cheers fellas
I'm assumming that android unit you bought is steering wheel control compatible?

You tried programming the buttons? There will be an app in the android h/u for programming the buttons.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There should be an intermediate module that the buttons go to.

Also make sure you don’t have VZ adaptor loom and module.