Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy dash in vt

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Having another read I don't get how there's only one cruise wire for the VT/VX because their dashes have two lights which are controlled by different switches. I'd personally connect the one VT/VX wire to the ACTIVE pin on the VY dash and hope that worked. Everything else seems straight forward and I look forward to giving it a go when I next get a decent break.

Also the VY LS1 PIM I sourced is a 92094020, supposedly from a manual LS1 VY.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Having another read I don't get how there's only one cruise wire for the VT/VX because their dashes have two lights which are controlled by different switches. I'd personally connect the one VT/VX wire to the ACTIVE pin on the VY dash and hope that worked. Everything else seems straight forward and I look forward to giving it a go when I next get a decent break.

Also the VY LS1 PIM I sourced is a 92094020, supposedly from a manual LS1 VY.

Fantastic. Id say what you did with the cruise wire should be correct.Trial and error should be enough.

Yeah, you should be able to link the PIM up no troubles (Maybe). The factory manuals go on about performing the "reset" procedure on the PIM or ECU before fitting into another car. Im not sure if that really is required or not.

Iv actuall for a VZ ECU,TCM,BCM and PIM here that Iv been meaning to wiring up and try "demysterize" this linking procedure between all these modules. And figure out what security values you really need.

jgleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs spac ute
I'm half way through my conversion and everything has bolted in pretty well, the only trouble I've had is working out the hazard switch! Anyone worked it out yet??

VXPL

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX S Pac Manual
same here ive completed my conversion, well everything except the cluster.

Last edited:

VT_CUSTOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
hi can you put pics and guide up please as i have a vt with the dash and center console all out already (full rebuild inside and out)

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay so finally got around to giving this a go. The WK(VY) cluster into a V2 (VX) Monaro.
The wiring was fairly easy and I'll post the VY colours to VX pins later. I used the VY Fuel Level wire instead of the fuel Level Return wire and the gauge showed the correct level.
I used the Trip Computer wire instead of the Trip Computer Return wire and it seemed to work, but it didn't change the two outer windows and only cycled through the error messages. I'll try swapping to the Return wire instead and see how that works.

So we had a problem in that we couldn't get TIS access working at the time so couldn't do the PIM relearn process. This meant there were error messages, but the car still started. I didn't try driving it to see if the speedo and temp gauges work but I'll do that today.

Messages included
SRS Airbag Incorrect
Rear lamp fail
Rear lamp fuse fail
Check engine (on VX PIM but not with VY pim)
Alarm activated by (pretty much every door, tailgate, bonnet and once even hotwire)

So the SRS errors changed to incorrect SRS module when two instrument programming was changed by tech 2 to 2 loop, but the car is 6 loop. I know the relearn process properly links the BCM and PIM so that should relearn the correct SRS and those messages should go.

As for the rear lamp, don't know there because all the rear globes are working.

And the alarm activated warning, I have a feeling that is what the Security Alert wire is for, and not a light because the security light is in the trip switch. I might need to check the voltages on my friends VY to see what a non-alarmed car voltage is on that pin 31.

I'll keep people posted.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
More reading and I think once the PIM is linked I can try removing the BCM fuses to force a voltage relearn which may be causing the WK cluster to read unfamiliar light voltages as faults. The BCM relearn is apparently meant to fix that.
I'll have a more detailed update this weekend.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Right so the PIM linked no problem and engine stuff communicates with the dash fine, but body stuff doesn't, like SRS warning lights. Using a tech 2 to program the dash as a 2003 model is fine (like fuel calibration etc), and can access the PIM to read DTCs under 2003, but can't access the BCM under 2003 (2002 car/BCM). So then trying the other way, can't access the dash or PIM under 2002.

Effectively I'm guessing because the CV8 BCM is a unique BCM (17 PS HI) specifically programmed for the car manufactured year I will need to replace it with a 2003 HI (211) BCM, most likely from a VY Calais. Of course that was only Auto and mine is manual, but hoping the dash programming fixes that.

BUT THEN there's the issue of the SRS sensor. I need to check if the one I have is compatible with a VY 2003 BCM, and if not will the current airbags and pretensioners be compatible with a VY 2003 sensor?

So basically I need to get the wiring diagrams for the CV8 17-HI-PS BCM and the VY Calais 211-HI BCM to figure out how to wire it in, and then look at what else needs to be changed.

MEANL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 CALAIS
I have just done this. I found the mod switch plug from vt fits the vy mod Buttons.(but does not work) nor light up.
The headlight switch I will get the plug off the vy loom.(if I buy the Auto mod Loom will it work?)
How do you get the mod button to work,
I take it that the wires just need to be moved around on the right pins.

Last edited: