Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Diff Cradle replacement option ?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I really for the life of me can't see any reason why that wouldn't go into a VP/S irs too but everyone tells my they wont, it must be seriously a case of ALMOST :)

I agree, Holden doesn't change **** unless they absoloutely have to. i.e. mounting points on a floor pan :yeah:

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
Oh well it doesn't matter now as I took to long finding out about if it would fit, & someone else snapped it up on Sunday complete for $500. :bang:

Bugger as things like that are hard to come by in Perth W.A. or surrounding areas.

Cheers

Deek

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
i got my cradle for $250 (no diff).

from a vy2 calais.

i have my old cradle. it has toe links, but i had a very light knock to the side, and it wouldnt align quite, (very minor).

after taking it out, i cant see ANY damage to it. if you were in melb, you could have it, ahaha.

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
i got my cradle for $250 (no diff).

from a vy2 calais.

i have my old cradle. it has toe links, but i had a very light knock to the side, and it wouldnt align quite, (very minor).

after taking it out, i cant see ANY damage to it. if you were in melb, you could have it, ahaha.

Yeah thats about right. This one was $200 for the cradle & $500 complete with diff, disc to disc.

I raised the question about differences in the cradles - ute to sedan on SC in the LS1/Ls2 section.

Interesting comment from a member about the sedan shockies positioned different to the ute. So there maybe a reason the cradle would not fit. Still investigating it. Plus also they raised the question of those extra mounts on LS1.

Cheers

Deek

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Generaly you find that the rear suspension has to be altered for utes and wagons to reduce intrusion into the load area and permit the lower floor to the tray. The sedan suspension is more upright with regard to springs and shocks because the shocks can run up beside the wheel tub, inside the boot, but you can't do that on a ute or wagon because it would intrude into the load space.

The solution taken by the factory is to lay the shocks over at a steeper angle and often involves revised or different lower mounting points.

If there were any changes on this suspension, it would probably be to shock mounting points, as the previous post suggests.

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
Generaly you find that the rear suspension has to be altered for utes and wagons to reduce intrusion into the load area and permit the lower floor to the tray. The sedan suspension is more upright with regard to springs and shocks because the shocks can run up beside the wheel tub, inside the boot, but you can't do that on a ute or wagon because it would intrude into the load space.

The solution taken by the factory is to lay the shocks over at a steeper angle and often involves revised or different lower mounting points.

If there were any changes on this suspension, it would probably be to shock mounting points, as the previous post suggests.

Ok recently I was told that the VY utes & the VY wagons were the same cradle. Then added to this was that VY Berlina wagons had the cradles with Tie-Rods.
Can anyone confirm this is in fact true ?

Cheers

Deek