Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Fuel Consumption

VY03Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Hey guys, im planning to put a 87mm pulley an add a yella terra pipe to the original airbox on my vy supercharge, will the extra power make the car chew more petrol or will it get a bit better?

ARATIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hot House VY SS
Logic says more boost = more air = more fuel = yes it will

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Good luck getting the original pulley off the Supercharger if you have the factory SC unit. These SCs have been designed deliberately to make pulley removal very difficult. Research it first.

VY03Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
yella terra is going to do it all for me, so thats no problems, thanks for the info

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
[QLIMAX];1500864 said:
My l67 on 10psi does a best of 13.2 combined driving

My S/C Calais VY has a 10psi pulley/extractors/kn air filter/XU6 chip. I get around 9.7lt per 100klm on the open road & around 12lt per 100klm around the town. I am very happy with performance gains , yes it was VERY hard to get old pulley off , you need to get the tool plus a LONG breaker bar (about 2 feet long!!!) & it wrecked the old pulley getting it off. The Supercharger bypasses under normal driving so fuel economy is as good as a N/A V6. Its only when you nail the throttle that the fuel guzzles....

VY03Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
My S/C Calais VY has a 10psi pulley/extractors/kn air filter/XU6 chip. I get around 9.7lt per 100klm on the open road & around 12lt per 100klm around the town. I am very happy with performance gains , yes it was VERY hard to get old pulley off , you need to get the tool plus a LONG breaker bar (about 2 feet long!!!) & it wrecked the old pulley getting it off. The Supercharger bypasses under normal driving so fuel economy is as good as a N/A V6. Its only when you nail the throttle that the fuel guzzles....

those figures r an improvement for my car so if i was getting around that id b very happy! so does your car have extractors contected to the standard exhaust? and how much and what does the xu6 chip do? and whats your power like?

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997

Interesting numbers.
My stock VY II S Supercharged returns around 8.5 litres per 100 kms in Highway driving at 100 kms per hour. I have recently done a SYD - MEL - SYD trip and consumption was always around the mid eights. I got it down below 8 a few times in highway driving.

I would need to be driving mine at around 120 km p/hr or more to get the consumption up to the 9.7 litres per 100 km mark. Around town consumption varies considerably depending on what type of traffic and the types of roads you have to encounter as well as driving style.

These S/C engines are so good I would not really want a heavy V8 again.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
These S/C engines are so good I would not really want a heavy V8 again.

I guess you don't want to know that an LS1 is actually 8kg lighter than an emotec!