Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY II Splits Install

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Ok I see what you mean about the tweeters, that's a bit different, I say solder and heat shrink the two outputs speaker cable to the inputs on the crossovers

Also how long are the cable coming out of the cross overs for the mids and tweeters? If long enough you may be able to run them to the speaker locations and just correct connect them, if not your gunna have to extend them, again solder and heat shrink is the best method

As for the crossovers if your not to fussy just push them in that same spot in the pic you attached and let them sit, mine were like that for a while and they never moved

Easiest spot that I know of to pick up from the headunit is in the same spot as your pic and find your speaker wires going into the doors, you can pick the colour up from when you pull the stock speakers out, also I'm assuming your are running your new speakers straight off the headunit?

I hope all this makes sense I'm on my phone at the moment and it's a pain to type posts on

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
The wiring from crossovers to tweeters & mids is only around 30 cm.

This may be just enough length to reach the tweeters but about 20cm short for the mids.

I'm going to be going off head unit for now as have to save for rego and transmission first.

I don't want to strip or cut factory wiring so I'll just run new speaker wires from head unit to crossovers.

I just want a good place to put the cabling inbetween head unit and crossovers.

----
Sent from Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Well, i soldered the required wires and added terminal points, etc for it all.

I've spend the last 3 hours in the dark with a torch and interior light trying to get the god damn speaker wires (2) through the rubber grommet/boot in the door jam.

Does anyone know any decent and easy way of getting additional wiring through, i'd prefer to not cut the factory wiring.

I've tried using a coat hanger, and also tried bunching up the boot but the cables just won't go through.

I have the crossover wired up, tweeters in & mids mounted into the pods, awaiting wiring to be done to the mids and then i'm done, sigh.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
After spending further time on it today, i gave up and just used the existing speaker wiring from the connector behind the kick panel to the mid speaker in the door.

I snipped the orange and blue wires and shoved a 2 pin connector on it then connect to the crossover.

Mounted the crossover using outdoor double sided tape, sound is awesome and 100x better than the 4-way speakers i had in there prior.

Unfortunately, due to it again getting dark and mosquito's using up all my areoguard, i've had to stop and only was able to do the left speakers and put the trim back on, will do the right tomorrow.