Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Leaking Cold Coolant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
I spoke to my mechanic today and based on what I told him, he seems to think its the heater core seeing as though the coolant is cold. He said 600 to 800 to fix it or he can bypass it but ill have no heater. Its going in on thursday so he can check it out and find out for sure

As in the heater core inside the car???? how could this possibly get coolant on the batt?????

when you park the car where does the coolant appear on the ground, the most likely cause will be a split end tank on the rad.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Red coolant???? Are you sure it isnt Power steering fluid from the reservior or trans fluid from the Trans cooler (the bottom part of the radiator?? Most radiator coolant is green .......

2002VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Exec
Red coolant???? Are you sure it isnt Power steering fluid from the reservior or trans fluid from the Trans cooler (the bottom part of the radiator?? Most radiator coolant is green .......

There is red coolant too.
My mechanic pressure tested it today and the radiator had a split in the side. $300 for a new one and now its all better!!