Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Power Steering Fix

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
I've had a look through the search and come up with nothing of value on this topic, all sorts of conflicting claims on the cause of the VY steering shudder - some say pump, some say high pressure line, some say the power steering rack itself. I'm a little confused, because I'm trying to work out how to fix the problem in my parents' VY Tonner and can't seem to find a definitive solution. I don't want to go replacing the pump and rack if it's just caused by a poorly designed high pressure line, which I was always under the impression that it was.

Any info appreciated
cheers
Sam

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Mate it's apparently just a matter of getting larger power steering hoses installed. Mine still does this as I havn't bothered getting it done, but it doesn't bother me.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
The fix is to replace the hose. It was/is a common problem with them.

steve40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
There was a recall on the powers steering hoses a few years ago don,t if it is still valid or not maybe check with holden

StormVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm Ute
High Pressure Power Steering Hose - Holden Part number 92174786

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I don't think the recall is still valid, my series 1 had it done, but when I phoned Holden about it when I got my s2 they said "no recalls" ????

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
Im looking to get this shudder fixed also.. How much would a mechanic charge to replace this? It seems simple enough, but I can just imagine trying it myself and getting fluid everywhere.

Cheers