Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Power Window problem?? - HELP!!

Fester1548

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Hey everyone!!

Just had a quick question for everyone out there!!

I was driving down the highway today enjoying a smoke out my drivers window....Ne way I stopped in at a car wash to wash the car, and I washed the car and went on my way again... Only to find my drivers side electric window now wont go down?? The passenger side window goes up and down but the drivers side wont? If I press for it to go up I can hear the motor and see it push the window however if I press down it doesnt do anything?

Can anybody help? Im just glad its stuck up not down lol

Thankz
Fester:thumbsup:

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
If you can hear the motor trying to go up, then the motor is 'probably' OK to operate in the other direction.
Sounds like the problem is either in the main switch, BCM or wiring.

You can check the motor, by unplugging the pillar connector - it comes out easily - see here. You can then apply 12 volts (from a gel cell battery or other 12 volt power supply) via a couple of clip leads to the Blue/white and Green/orange window motor wires going into the door. With the power connected one way, the window will go up - swap the wires around and the window will go the other way.

Use this diagram to check your main switch. Leave the connector plugged in and back probe the blue/white and green/black wires - you want to measure 12 volts when you activate the switch one way and you should see the polarity change when you move the switch the other way.

If the switch measures OK, then that only leaves the BCM or the wiring from point or point. If the switch measures OK, then confirm the wiring by checking that you get the same measurements at the input to the BCM (using the above mentioned diagram as a guide).
If that measures OK, then check the outputs at the BCM, then at the pillar connector.

genetic_freak

Technical Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR berlina 304
if the window goes down then stops after about 0.4seconds then its your bcm. (common problem) the auto down timer shi*s itself

MrPykelet

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
Hi guys this thread helps heaps, my passenger side has decided it doesn't want to move at all. I put all the windows down slightly so the car wouldn't get too hot then when I came back, that was the only window that wouldn't go back up or down. All the other windows work fine and when I press the passenger side switch I can hear the relay kick in, but no sound at all from the motor. Any suggestions?

kouta72

Reaction score
Members Ride
wk statesman
Can it be rapaired ? I have to tap the button many times for the front windows to go down step by step .. they go up perfectly and no problems with the back windows

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Kouta, that actually sounds like a contact issue inside your switches. Over time gunk and junk can build up in there causing resistance. If you have to press it multiple times to get any action i would suggest trying a known working switch block. EG, a mate with the same model car. I think youll find that they "can be pulled apart" if you know what youre doing or might just be simpler to get one from the wreckers. Im sure theres a how to somewhere on this site that will tell you how to gain access to the wiring of the switch block