Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S PAC V's AU falcon

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
apparently theres some casting overhang in the vy series 2 which causes a problem with the 1.97 rockers. Its only on some cars though.

if you're looking at the 1.97 rockers from FIT, they also sell a set of 5/16" pushrods for $120 which will allow enough clearance for the rockers to be used on any ecotec.

matt.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Better alternative imho is the split ratio rockers from yella terra. Split ratio rockers balance out the inlet/exhaust better, which allows your top end to breath even better than just high ratio rockers, plus yella terra's rockers are roller tipped, not friction plate, and are also lighter aluminium.
Besides that, im not really fond of the idea of reco'ed rockers in my car, which is what fits rockers basically are.

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
XR6 will have the na s pac for dinner. I remember reading a test between the XR6 and the super6 vy, the vy actually won that one.

Factory super 6 are slower than the manual na v6. Already tested this with a mate :whistling So it should get up on the AU. As for the BF, you would probably loose but wouldn't be by much if you can get a good start. The 4L 6 makes alot more torque that the ecotec, something like an extra 80nm.

Figures are like this BF Kerb weight - 1707kg @ 190kw @ 383nm, VY Kerb weight - 1549kg @ 152kw @ 305nm, AU Kerb wieght - 1480kg @ 164kw @ 366nm.

This is just what it looks like on paper though. Driver ability will determine who's faster. Not that it matters, you got a holden so your already in front.

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
AU vs VY!!

I can tell you that my VY when it was stock, Beat my Bro's AU Ute by miles!!
Just yeserday, I ran a BA XR6 Manual Ute.
I smashed it from take off all the way to the limiter in 3rd 210kmh!!
although now I have 132rwkw.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
FIT do a set of 1.97 rockers for about $900 which should be good for 20rwkw. not only will that provide hours of fun but should see you pulling away from that au with no worries :yeah:

matt

20 rwkw!? Can anyone else confirm this?

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rockers.

Personally, I would go the Yella Terra Roller Rockers!!
Not only are they Roller Rockers, but also light weight and cheap. $600 Comes with everything you need to fit them.
Proof is in my Dyno yeterday!! 132rwkw from rockers and exhaust. was 112rwkw without!!

Last edited:

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I smashed my friends EL with my VR, and an AU. The old buick is very torquey at start. But a BA/BF will smash any ecotec anyday.

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
No way!!

thats your opinion!! get yourself into a VY and give a BA XR6 a run.
It can't be coincidence that i've run and beten 3 in the past couple of months before mods!!
:whistling

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
hey

i dragged my mate with the AU, best out of 3 and won them all.