Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S PAC V's AU falcon

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
Yeah man, the VY manual and auto feels alot more torquey than the VZ 175kw, though i havent driven a manual VZ 175 only auto. Though never will cause they didnt make the exec VZ 175 with manual trans did they ?

nah they didnt make the exec manual, but all the utes (until 07 i think) had the 175/172kw and u can get them in manual so u could see from one of them if u could get the chance to drive one. Also, the vy v6 still feels more punch off the line than even the 190kw :)

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Yeah Ive got to agree there. 190 v 152+ kw. I reckon all the SV6s that raced STANDARD ecotecs were not trying hard at all.

190kw does not necessarily add up to winning a race. The ecotec is known for their torque, especially low down. Even if the alloytec has a higher maximum torque and kw, if it rapidly peaks and drops then it will only perform in a small rev range. Ectotec had a good torque spread.

It is a marketing game for manufacturers - "mine produces more than yours" - but that doesn't mean everything.;)

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
190kw does not necessarily add up to winning a race. The ecotec is known for their torque, especially low down. Even if the alloytec has a higher maximum torque and kw, if it rapidly peaks and drops then it will only perform in a small rev range. Ectotec had a good torque spread.

It is a marketing game for manufacturers - "mine produces more than yours" - but that doesn't mean everything.;)

Well put. It's not out right power that makes you quick either, you could be at a race meet and have 400hp and run slower that the guy next to you with 300hp. No point having the power if it doesn't get to the ground when you NEED it.

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
prime example: new toyota aurion
big claims of the 200kw with good economy.
dunno where the 200kw is, think it might be in the glovebox, cos theres a guy who cruises around in one reguarly, with an exhaust, lowered etc, challenges anyone at any set of lights, ive beaten him (easily), also saw him lose to a hilux.

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
hahahahahahahaha thats funny, how much did you beet in by ?

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
dunno where the 200kw is, think it might be in the glovebox,

LOL:yeah: I love it! Gees there's been a few times a wish I had a spare 200kw in the glove box.....

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Yeah man, the VY manual and auto feels alot more torquey than the VZ 175kw, though i havent driven a manual VZ 175 only auto. Though never will cause they didnt make the exec VZ 175 with manual trans did they ?

they don't come in manual, VY was the last Executive (new name Omega) to come out with manual factory option.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
prime example: new toyota aurion
big claims of the 200kw with good economy.
dunno where the 200kw is, think it might be in the glovebox, cos theres a guy who cruises around in one reguarly, with an exhaust, lowered etc, challenges anyone at any set of lights, ive beaten him (easily), also saw him lose to a hilux.

You know how quick those new 4.0L V6 (Prado engine) are!!! I drove a dual cab 4.0L V6 Manual, because of the weight and 180kw's of power, that thing will give a GENIII a good run.

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
You know how quick those new 4.0L V6 (Prado engine) are!!! I drove a dual cab 4.0L V6 Manual, because of the weight and 180kw's of power, that thing will give a GENIII a good run.

i know, those things do move!! lol but giving a gen3 a good run is a bit optomistic don't ya think? :) Closer to A 4.0l ba/bf or an sv6 vz/ve i reckon..