Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy s pack or vz sv6?

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
If it's Series 2 there will be a small badge on the boot lid under the "S" that is unless some noob has debadged it. It will also have the higher leverl dash as I said before and I think front map reading lights/ sun glasses holder.
How much was the VZ and how many Km/condition?
the vz im looking at is 10 500
the vy im looking at is 6500
they both have done around the 180 mark

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
the vz im looking at is 10 500
the vy im looking at is 6500
they both have done around the 180 mark

That's pretty cheap for a VY s Pac. I've seen VX's with mor eon them than that. I suppose you need to look at it and see it's overall condition. The asking price on the SV6 is also on the lowish side I'd have thought. Do you know the overall condition of both and service history etc?

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
That's pretty cheap for a VY s Pac. I've seen VX's with mor eon them than that. I suppose you need to look at it and see it's overall condition. The asking price on the SV6 is also on the lowish side I'd have thought. Do you know the overall condition of both and service history etc?
yeah performance wise there both fine
just exterior and interior stuff need to be fixed, all minor though

myvyute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy II calais
i had a vy series 2 s pack for my first car. and i recon it was the best car. i wouldnt buy the car based on power, like Ozzy said make a pros and cons list and choose from there. personally i would go the vy with a leather and a sunroof. good luck with the purchase mate

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
yeah i love the vys
but it sorta reminds me of VR and VS
vz being like the vs newer and better
while vr is like the vy..

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
im still searching
no rush i got alot of time
but i will be looking at a impulse blue vz 2004 model this tuesday
see how i go

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
my opinion... i own a vz sv6 with a charger, makes 315rwhp and 872rwnm in 3rd, my mate has a vs (ecotec) with a charger, unsure on power figure. i have driven both and can say this... my vz as being better than other vz does not pull anywhere near as hard as my mates ecotec.

the drive by wire is laggy, as in a few milliseconds delay when driving, very annoying as i notice this, some people dont notice, but its there.

the alloytec is a lot more expensive to modify, and not much in the sense of aftermarket support.

the alloytec is a lot more expensive to repair, but in my opinion, my car looks nicer.

the ecotec is a reliable engine, as with the alloytec, but they both have their own problems.

ecotecs leak like a siv, the alloytecs do not really have that problem, except in later life like high 100,000km.

the alloytec is a very strong bottom end engine, as over in the states, alloytecs have been able to make 1300hp with standard bottom end.

ecotecs sound nicer in exhaust wise, but can sound bad with the wrong exhaust.

after all this, if i were to do my time again, i would buy an ecotec, simply put that they are a very reliable engine, the transmission is better than the 5speed auto on the sv6, the aftermarket support is a lot better for the ecotec and is cheaper for them too.