Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy s pack or vz sv6?

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Dont be fooled by the "190 kw" If your after more power/mods The vy will be better I have been doing a comparison on this area with a mate who has a vz As for looks vz is slighty better in areas Not sure how the vz can handle better and brake feels the same to me prob exact same setup.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
i personally don't like the front bumpers on the vz's and the circle things i think the reverse sensor's on the back bumper i rekon they look ugly to on the cars that have them but thats just me hehe, i love my VY :)

1yldvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim
Iv been told that the ecotech is a stronger engine then the alloytech and if that's true I'd go the vy seeing tho your a p plater and we all know what most p platers are like lol.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Iv been told that the ecotech is a stronger engine then the alloytech and if that's true I'd go the vy seeing tho your a p plater and we all know what most p platers are like lol.

Err might want to check your facts.

1yldvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim
thats just what iv been told. what would you say was a stronger engine?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
There getting some pretty big numbers out of the alloytecs stock internally as opposed to the ecotecs.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Dont be fooled by the "190 kw" If your after more power/mods The vy will be better I have been doing a comparison on this area with a mate who has a vz As for looks vz is slighty better in areas Not sure how the vz can handle better and brake feels the same to me prob exact same setup.

VZ has revised steering and suspension set ups, and the drive by wire throttle set up is so much nicer.

To the other guy, not all models have reverse sensors, but yes they are ugly.

To the OP, the strongest engine is the one that hasn't been thrashed :) they are both good engines.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
The VZ has a lot of improvements over the VY especially the brakes. If you look at the 2 the master cylinders are different. The VZ's will pull up in a shorter distance and in an emergency even a few inches can make the difference between hitting something or mising it. The front sway bar links are different and the suspension is improved. The VZ SV6 will also have a 5 speed auto and if it's a later version active shift. The VZ motor is an overhead cam, 4 valve per cylinder engine and more modern. The 190kW also has variable valve timing on both inlet and exhaust valves.
The VZ also has an electric throttle (fly by wire) and the cruise control is integrated, you will notice the module that is in the VY's is mising as is the bracket to mount it.
The fly by wire system is better as it can vary a number of things one being the throttle position to respond to the accelerator pedal.
On the downside it would cost more to change things like O2 sensors because there are 4 of them.

With the VY is it a series 1 or 2? the Series 1 S pac only has a standard dash and 16" wheels. I do however think the front of a VY looks better, the only VZ front I really like is the Berlina and if I was going to get a VZ I'd look at an SVZ.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
looks VY wins in my opinion mainly cause of the rear tail lights on a vz which look like arse

everything else the vz is probably a better bet as long as it hasnt been flogged... btw go for a manual you wont regret it

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
looks VY wins in my opinion mainly cause of the rear tail lights on a vz which look like arse

everything else the vz is probably a better bet as long as it hasnt been flogged... btw go for a manual you wont regret it

VZ SS lights don't look ****, but the executive lights do.