Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S2 Calais LS1

full_force1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais LS1
Well did the install of the extractors and cats this long weekend, sounds great now.
Thinking about changing the exhaust from the xforce to something else or just making one up, don't want to 3" yet 2.5" is loud enough when you get under her.
Def goes better with the new extractors n cats, should be getting a tune at tax time so looking forward to that.

full_force1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais LS1
That's for that pretty happy with how it looks, can't wait to get tune done.

full_force1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais LS1
Well bit of an update finally getting the car tuned, going with a remote autocal tune from Oztrack, just waiting on the first flash to come back. Also need to replace the strut top mounts, caster bushes an front lower control arm bushes so should keep me entertained for a bit.

I'm going to be using the nolathane bushes, what setting should I be putting the caster bushes at for my car?

full_force1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais LS1
Well small update got my first fine for being to low on the weekend, think he was trying to get my for dui as was cruising around goldcoast at night but wasn't drinking so get me for that, mongrel.

On a better note the queen of all that is love and war has given the ok to spend a bit of coin on the car next year about 8k im allowed lol. So going for cam and usual springs etc, diff gears, stall and if got enough money will get box built.

Ill be doing the cam install myself so will save a bit of coin there and my mate will tune it for me for mates rates, so you could say im hanging for next year.

Brad87_VZCAL8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 5.7
Nice work. I think I will follow your progress a bit as well. I'm not too adept with modding myself, I would have to pay for someone to do it for me, but I want to see what you get and the results.

What did you get a fine for? How low are you? My '05 VZ Calais is on SL Kings (and Monroe Shocks this Friday, getting them installed from TruLine in Ballarat). Wheels are 225/35/20 E3 GTS. I'm hoping that when I do get pulled over, hopefully never, but if I do, that my affiliation with the cops gives me a free ride outta there with no paperwork.

full_force1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais LS1
On SL as well but had 2 people in back boot full of stuff and nearly full tank of petrol. He said 5-10mm to low. Oh well

full_force1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais LS1
Yer didn't want him to get shitty n go over whole car. I try to do all the work on the car I research heaps before I start, my wife thinks I'm stupid ha, but saves heaps of money.

Brad87_VZCAL8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 5.7
I do a decent amount of looking around before I do a purchase. I had been looking for a car like my Calais for ages, finally found it. Currently looking for a decent 2DIN 7" LCD head unit. Looking at a Pioneer X5500/8500, depending on how much I want to spend. I have found there is very little difference with the OTR CAIs in performance. It mainly comes down to aesthetics and the shop that tunes your car. Once these few little things are done on mine, I shall be a happy lad, and likewise you next year when you get bankrolled for mods by The Boss.