Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Series 2 S Manual

Vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais
go sl springs all round. I have that in my car
hieghttt.jpg

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
Gee they're tough on you guys in Tassie for getting a licence. Mind you when I went for mine it was 20 questions & you were allowed 2 wrong. I only went for one driving lesson cos I'd been driving for a few years without a licence anyway lol. My driving instructor decided at my one & only lesson should be done in the Sydney CBD which really wasn't scary as most people think. When I did the practical I passed 1st go easily.

I like the stance of your old VP ute. It's a shame you had to part with it. Where I live now, utes are more prized than houses. Had you sold it here, you would have tripled your money easily. I've been offered silly money for mine and that's only cos they know the amount of work that went in it. Once local production goes, ute prices will go up. It happened when they stopped making the WB until the VG arrived. If you're after parts and spares, hit your local Holden dealer spares section. You'll still be able to get about 90% of parts but they are dwindling. That was the reason why I restored mine so I can keep her on the road. Door cards & seats you can't get but a decent wrecker will have them. It took me 8 months to find a decent set of seats & I wasn't willing to part with a couple of thousand dollars for a set half-way across the country. Parts for Holden are cheaper than imports. I have a Suzuki 4x4 & parts prices are absolutely stupid.

I agree from your photos about the front end. It looks odd. Make sure you hunt around for a good set-up. Mine didn't come with the FE2 suspension as a S models did & after checking with Holden, it came with chasers as standard. It must be the only S model that never had FE2. I'm keeping it standard cos of our crap roads here but I will invest in a decent set of rims in due course. That'll be after I get a Berlina/Calais cluster lol.

I had an ex-gf from years ago who used to complain about me working on mine & my mates cars. My reply to her was "It's better than sitting at a pub staring & talking to other girls making you worried & jealous. At least you know I'm home."

They sure are! I was pretty pissed to say the least. I'd have no hope finding my way around Sydney lol.

I loved it, I didn't want to get rid of it but I needed the space and the 11 year upgrade was a plus as well. Over here your typical VG-VS ute will sell for under $2k, nothing in that model range is worth a lot over here unless it's a V8. Lucky for me my door cards and seats are all in good nick, I have the black and grey checkered S pack interior which I like. Only thing wrong with the interior is that the leather has started to come off the steering wheel (I have a leather Holden steering wheel cover on it so it can't be seen) and both the front speaker grilles are slightly cracked but they're fairly common at the wreckers and on ebay

Yes it was only the sports and police models that got FE2 from memory, 2004 Series II changed to FE1.5 which was slightly softer. Some 18"s or 19"s would look good on your ute I reckon

Hahahahaha that's a good one mate :thumbsup:

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
go sl springs all round. I have that in my car
View attachment 181374

Looks good mate! I won't touch the back as I like it already, looks about the same height as yours already
Front looks awesome though I reckon that's what I'll get if I do it!

dashdown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Commodore SII
Wheelss_zpsinkka7dj.jpg

Been a while since my last update! This is how she looks currently.

R

Risky

She still looks good & sits well. Pity about the holes on the boot from the ironing board. Are you getting a new one?
On eBay you can get a set of SS lights for $140 odd but they are aftermarket.
I bought a set of ROH 19" of the tint guy next to the smash repairs who painted my ute. I'm having them painted today. I also helped them purchase a VYII ute for $1400 which will be the work ute. It's had a few little knocks, scratches etc but mechanically sound. I'm also helping them strip it & i gave them some of my old parts I didn't need.

Attachments

• 12924326_10153998014298418_6932532456137776826_n.jpg
    12924326_10153998014298418_6932532456137776826_n.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 387