Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SII Calais Trim in a VY SS

NickGNB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Sedan, VY II Acclaim Wagon, Ford Territory
Hey all!

Hoping someone can help me out, I have a VY Series 1 SS Sedan with the leather interior, and that awful looking cream headlining and trim. I am hoping to swap the headlining and trim for the black lining and trim from a VY Series II Calais. Can the interior trim be swapped between an SS Sedan and a Calais? Has anyone done this before?

I can't see why it wouldn't fit, I know my VY SS has the interior light in the centre of the roof, while the Calais has the forward light with sunglasses compartment, but I think it would still fit?

Any experience or advice would be great

Cheers!

R

Risky

You might have to move the wiring from where the old light sits to the front. The roof liner should be the same size. When I did my ute & my mates ute, you have a 1cm play so you can line up the A & B pillar plastic trim right. Mounting it will be easy as the holes are already pre-drilled as you can see in the pic below.

NickGNB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Sedan, VY II Acclaim Wagon, Ford Territory
Thanks for that mate, that's pretty much what I figured. I am planning on having a sunroof put in as well so moving extra wiring around should be no worries. I imagine I'll also have to add wiring for the lights above the rear doors. So keen for an all black interior

R

Risky

No probs.

I converted my interior to Anthracite not long ago.

Before

After