Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY single cd switch to 6 stacker

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
As long as the arieal still goes up and down when the radio is turned on and off it should be ok, can anyone let me know if that is the case??
Dan

wazza 42

White Pure White
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VYII S Pack Utility/03 VYII S Pack Sedan
Dan
The aerial still works at the factory setting.The six stacker with aerial control came out of the calais,and without control was from the ss.I have fitted the calais unit in grey to my vy s pack ute and everything else works perfectly.Just remember to get the security code for the new unit.
Wayne

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
wazza 42 said:
Just remember to get the security code for the new unit.
Wayne

Good to see someone brought this major point up. Make sure its the correct code straight from the security card the owner has.

Super Snake

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Monaro-2010 VESSV Ute-2010 Kawasaki JetSki
ShanghaiVZ said:
Good to see someone brought this major point up. Make sure its the correct code straight from the security card the owner has.

I'm replacing my 6 stack as it was damaged, and I am going to be putting a new unit back in. I was told that the code for the stereo comes from the Engine Management. So maybe you will have to re program that ?

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
The guy who bid on mine still hasn't paid for it, and no emails to say why either. If no money by Monday it's getting relisted... and yes I have the radio PIN for it since it's from my own car.

I think the engine management does remember the radio code as when you reconnect a unit that has already been in the car you're not prompted for the code again. But I'd assume if you were to put a new unit in, once you enter the new code, it'll remember that code instead.

Watch this thread if you're interested in buying my one. Bloody non-paying people on ebay. Grrr!! (Mind you, the guy has bought other items since winning my auction, and has feedback to show for it - so what's his problem?)

Bill Purdie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lumina VY HBD 2003
I might have a fualty unit because l swapped from a single to six stacker the arial dose not work checked the plug have no idea why it wont work.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I might have a fualty unit because l swapped from a single to six stacker the arial dose not work checked the plug have no idea why it wont work.

It is common after swapping these stereos that the aerial doesn't work.
You will need to take it to Holden and have them run a radio linking program.