Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS baby!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The manuals are a lot more timid when planting them, found that out while test driving LS2 R8

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
Theres not much between the auto and manual track times these days either anyway.

Well, a manual would eat an auto around a race course, but down a straight the difference is neglible.

Last edited:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
This is true...
I reckon you get a better launch off the mark in an auto, especially if you stall it up and ride the brake. Gotta try not to get wheelspin though... ;)

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Ohhhhhhhh Nice :)

Cheers
MaT

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
Awsome ride dude!! I have the exact same colour VY SS as you though its a 6 speed :D.. Ive owned autos all my life and will say driving the manual with this much grunt is alot of fun! :D.. Picked her up for $27400 2 weeks ago :D I too want to get her lowered a bit and have changed the engine covers already :D

G

GzGenIII

Yeah very nice car man. I bet you're stoked with it. I've just recently got myself a VY II Berlina not a SS I know but it's got a 5.7 Gen III under the bonnet and like you when you put your foot down it just goes!

The SS's are a beautiful car. I've just ordered myself a set of VZ SS mags to go on mine . Maybe I shoulda just got an SS instead :)

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
SLX308 said:
Awsome ride dude!! I have the exact same colour VY SS as you though its a 6 speed :D.. Ive owned autos all my life and will say driving the manual with this much grunt is alot of fun! :D.. Picked her up for $27400 2 weeks ago :D I too want to get her lowered a bit and have changed the engine covers already :D

$27400 ?? Ouch!! Thats the thing about Holdens, they depreciate too quickly. :ranting:
I got mine new for over $20K more than that only 2 1/2 years ago!! That sux, oh well might be time to update - VZ SS or a Clubbie maybe?? ;)

Last edited:

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
GzGenIII, i dodnt know you gould get the V8 in anything below the SS, is an option or what?