Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS Stalling on acceleration

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
Hi everyone. I’ve got a VY SS that’s been tuned and has had a crow cam, rocket roller tappets, lifters etc. It’s been having this problem since day one and it’s been doing my head in. If I start up the car and rev it it’ll sometimes either rev at 1400rpm then drop back down slowly, or it’ll just nearly stall, then it’ll rev up quickly to 700rpm then just turn off/stall. I’ve replaced the throttle sensor but to no help. Any other things that I can do? thanks heaps everyone

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
1704963104023.png

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
If it's happened since the tune, then it's probably the tune
That’s what I thought, I contacted the tuner and he said that it couldn’t be the tune because he had the car for a few weeks and it never did it. Will uploading a video help?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Find another tuner. Mine would say bring the car here immediately so I can prove it one way or the other

Reactions: Lex

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
Find another tuner. Mine would say bring the car here immediately so I can prove it one way or the other
Yeah I’ll see if I can get book it in I just hate how some tuners lock the ecu I can only bring it to him because of that

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah I’ll see if I can get book it in I just hate how some tuners lock the ecu I can only bring it to him because of that

So he won't look at it and won't share the password? Sensor issues are going to manifest mostly on song. Bad idle could just be a couple different parameters but given the timing of the issue he should be keen to find out and invoice you if it isn't the tune