Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS Stalling on acceleration

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
So he won't look at it and won't share the password? Sensor issues are going to manifest mostly on song. Bad idle could just be a couple different parameters but given the timing of the issue he should be keen to find out and invoice you if it isn't the tune
I called him up he said he’s on holidays for 2 months and he’ll look at it when he’s back. But is there anyway of diagnosing it myself? I would prefer to try and fix it myself than wait 2 months.

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
So he won't look at it and won't share the password? Sensor issues are going to manifest mostly on song. Bad idle could just be a couple different parameters but given the timing of the issue he should be keen to find out and invoice you if it isn't the tune
I pulled the spark plugs out, they had a half where and half black colour on all of them. Like it was literally half white and half black. So I changed them to a new set and no change, I also changed the air filter but that didn’t do anything either. Throttle body has all new sensors on it but it still does the same thing. Someone told me it could be melted knock sensor wiring since it’s common on the ls1 engines but I’m not really sure if that’s true.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yep. Plug in a scanner or app like Software on elm St and look for codes. Failing that you could run live diags but you gotta know what you're looking for. Knock sensors won't stop a car from idling

Does it run nice aside the idle?

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
Yep. Plug in a scanner or app like Software on elm St and look for codes. Failing that you could run live diags but you gotta know what you're looking for. Knock sensors won't stop a car from idling

Does it run nice aside the idle?
Yeah it goes really good it has plenty of torque and loves the throttle. The most common ways it’ll stall is if you let’s say tap the throttle to about half way, while it’s in drive, reverse, idling etc it’ll struggle to get back up SOMETIMES. If it does stall it’ll start back up straight away and it won’t do it again for awhile. Then it’s just a repeat.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah it goes really good it has plenty of torque and loves the throttle. The most common ways it’ll stall is if you let’s say tap the throttle to about half way, while it’s in drive, reverse, idling etc it’ll struggle to get back up SOMETIMES. If it does stall it’ll start back up straight away and it won’t do it again for awhile. Then it’s just a repeat.

One thing to try, a total long shot is to disconnect the battery. Wait a few mins, reconnect, jump in and turn the key to reds (don't start it), do a number of full throttle presses all the way back and forth. Then turn the ignition off, open your door to get the radio off, wait for the auto antennae and then start her up

I leave mine disconnected when I'm not driving it, if I don't do this she idles like a pig and fluctuates all over the place

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
One thing to try, a total long shot is to disconnect the battery. Wait a few mins, reconnect, jump in and turn the key to reds (don't start it), do a number of full throttle presses all the way back and forth. Then turn the ignition off, open your door to get the radio off, wait for the auto antennae and then start her up

I leave mine disconnected when I'm not driving it, if I don't do this she idles like a pig and fluctuates all over the place
I just tried giving it a go (battery was already disconnected) and it started fine. But I feel like it’s only after the car warms up a bit (when the revs drop back down to normal after first start) then it starts to stall. It tends to do it more when it’s warm also.